Fidelity Investments is seeking a Java Fullstack Developer for an opportunity within its Health Care Group Business Unit. This role is specifically within in the Health Care Group-Health Savings Account squad. We are spinning up new teams to support the building of the Next Generation Health Savings Account Platform on the Cloud and are looking for a developer who can have experience in building and deploying applications served on the cloud. Experience building applications on Azure platform will be a plus. You will be joining a highly motivated, agile team whose primary goal is to take the customer experience to the next level!
HCG Team has over 1000 resources across IT and Product.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 6+ years of Java/ Spring development experience.
- 3+ years of design experience.
- Bachelor s Degree (Computer Science or related fields)
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features.
- Experience in building and deploying applications served on the cloud. This includes some design and solution architecture experience.
- Working knowledge of Azure or AWS platform
- Hands on experience designing and building micro services using RESTful API Standards
- Hands on experience with
- Infrastructure technologies e.g., Kubernetes, Kafka, MSSQL, DataDog
- Database technology e.g. SQL, Postgres, or MySQL or Oracle or MongoDB
- CI-CD automation tools e.g. Jenkins, UDeploy, Docker, GIT, gitflow
- Knowledge of authorization and authentication management
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learning new tools and develop using the latest technologies/ frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers and business partners.
- Perform object-oriented analysis and design using Object Modeling and Sequence Diagrams.
- Develop code in Java using spring, spring batch, spring rest, Spring boot, drools including debugging existing code and designing and executing unit tests
- Write postgreSQL queries and functions in a complex relational database environment.
- Develop containerized, cloud native applications.
- Create, update and maintain technical documentation for software-based projects and products.
- Update and track tasks in Jira
- Mentor developers when needed.
- Interact effectively with business partners to understand business requirements and assist in creation of technical requirements, including creating effective technical solutions to business problems.
- Interact effectively with systems partners to ensure that the full technology solution is seamlessly implemented.
- Participate in architecture, technical design, and product implementation discussions.
- Ensure quality in all deliverables by following best practices: structured and well-documented code, complete unit, functional and integration testing, complete technical documentation, and code that meet business requirements.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.