Remote, 401K + 5% match, Bonus, Room For Growth!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Nicole Blincoe
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $140,000 – $175,000 per year
A bit about us:
We partner with Media & Entertainment, Fortune 500, and mid-size clients to deliver technology solutions. As an IT Consulting firm, we excel in Custom Enterprise Software Development, Business Intelligence, and Digital Transformation.
We are a Los Angeles, California-based software consulting firm specializing in custom Web Application Development, Business Intelligence, and Digital Transformation for the Media & Entertainment, and Content Distribution industries. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a solid foundation in backend development and microservices / distributed systems for enterprise-scale applications. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter and have the ability to operate in a highly collaborative team environment.
If you share our passion for solving complex problems and want to be a part of our energetic and dynamic team, we would love to hear from you!
Why join us?
- Work remotely within the Los Angeles or Orange County areas
- Competitive salary and room for growth
- Full Health, Dental, Vision, benefits
- 401K + 5% match
- Work with cutting edge technology
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Hands-on Java development experience. Design and develop microservices using Java / Scala.
- Designs, develops, and implements software solutions using various AWS services including but not limited to IoT, Lambda, and S3).
- Writes clear, concise code in accordance with PDGC development standards and best practices.
- Passion for Front-End technologies and React ecosystems.
- Design and develop custom, full-stack, distributed systems for our clients by understanding their business needs and challenges.
- Think about distributed systems & services and care passionately about producing high-quality code.
- Deep knowledge of data structures and familiarity with storage systems, and other technical tools.
- Familiarity in writing unit tests using frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, or other equivalents.
- Experience writing code that integrates with advanced asynchronous communication mechanisms such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Experience using build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
- Experience in writing queries for relational and NoSQL databases.
- Implement clean, lightweight, maintainable code in a test-driven development approach.
- Assist the Engineering Manager and Principal Engineer in transforming and maintaining a high-integrity, agile engineering organization.
- Mentor and coach software engineers, allowing for skill/knowledge development of peers.
WHAT YOU HAVE –
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years of backend development and microservices / distributed systems experience.
- 3+ Experience designing and documenting application architectures.
- 3+ Solid experience working with message brokers and queueing technologies.
- 3+ Solid experience assembling micro services technical documentation.
- Ability to design and build RESTful APIs from scratch.
- Comfort with the AWS tech stack (Lambda, Batch, Step Functions).
- Strong understanding of software development and lifecycle management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
TECH STACK –
- Java 8+
- Spring development framework (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
- RESTful APIs and web services
- Message broker and services (Kafka, AWS Kinesis)
- Relational database (RDBMS) and object-relational mapping frameworks (MySQL)
- NoSQL DB (Couchbase, DynamoDB)
- Polymer UI
- Elasticsearch / ElastiCache
NICE TO HAVE –
- Full-stack development experience is a plus.
- Golang – The Go Programming Language (nice to have).
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.