Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Innovation Team. Reporting to our Chief Technology Innovation Officer and working closely with our Head of Software, you will be responsible for innovating, creating, designing, implementing and testing control software for YASA motor controller products.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Innovation software development through all stages of the application lifecycle
- Own the innovation builds of the YASA software
- Identify and generate innovation items
- Developing new and improving existing algorithms (including motor control) according to the approved software development process
- Design and development of low-level device drivers for inverter hardware
- Hardware and software building
- Implementing simulation models and provide a link into the simulation teams
- Collaborating with motor and inverter development teams to optimise system performance
- Provide a two-way link into the Software Team
- Support system test and validation activities
- Support cross-functional discussions
- Contribute to functional safety process activities.
Skills and experience required:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field, eg. Software Engineering
- Proven previous experience in automotive embedded software development
- Experience working with microcontroller peripherals such as ADCs and GTMs at the register level
- Experience with model-based development and autocoding tools such as MATLAB/Simulink and Embedded Coder
- Familiarity with Hardware-in-the-Loop simulation methods and tools including dSPACE or similar systems
- Familiar with industry best practices for software development
- Knowledge of MISRA C and model-based development guidelines
- Instinctive problem-solving skills coupled with a sound analytical approach
- Ability to work under pressure while managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible approach to work
- Ability to travel as required (UK only)
- Understanding of permanent magnet synchronous machine control theory
- Experience developing products conforming to ISO26262 and Automotive SPICE
- Knowledge of the AUTOSAR methodology and associated tools
- Knowledge of requirements and lifecycle management tools such as DOORS, Polarion or codeBeamer
- Knowledge of common automotive communications protocols
- A good understanding of power electronics hardware
- Familiar with common automotive development tools such as Vector CANape or ETAS INCA.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Strictly no recruitment agencies.
SummaryDepartment: InnovationJob Type: Full timeContract Type: PermanentClosing Date: 2021-09-30