My client is a name brand Education Tech firm seeking a Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years of coding experience, with expertise and recent experience in Java 8 or higher. The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a team of developers responsible for building highly scalable micro-service oriented back-end solutions as well as high quality web and mobile user interfaces.
My client is a key player in the Education Tech space, providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications. They are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join an existing team of developers, responsible for driving the design and implementation of key components of their Classroom Assessment Platform architecture and services. The Senior Software Engineer will be working on complicated and excited projects creating the most optimal software design that can scale and perform in a direct to consumer environment.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of coding, with expertise in Java and the strong desire to mentor junior talent. They are looking for someone who has a strong desire to step into a leadership role as they continue to grow at a fast pace.
This role is open to hybrid models as well as work from home.
- You will contribute to development, design and test automation best practices and procedures.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, help establish team's best practices, and align to technical vision.
- Architect, design, code and maintain components for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions
- Work closely with software architects and leads to understand recommended software/system architecture, technical direction and produce code aligned with the company vision.
- Build next-generation web applications that are fast and responsive.
- Participate in sprint kickoffs, reviews, retrospectives, daily standups and be a part of ever moving, ever delivering, continuously improving team delivering user value end to end continuously.
- Contribute to important team culture and contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company
- Support, maintain and upgrade code and participate in implementation of a complex system
- 5+ years of coding experience with expertise in Java (8 or higher)
- Experience in Reactive programming using Spring, React JS .
- Experience with AWS, containerized deployments using Kubernetes/Docker, and working in a DevOps environment
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Experience testing and debugging yours as well as your teammates' code
- BS in Computer Science or other relevant degree
- Salary ranging from $140k-$175k, depending on experience
- Stock options and profit sharing plans
- Flexible working schedule with 3+ weeks of PTO to start
- Maternity, Paternity, and Family Care plans
- Employer covered health, dental, and vision
- 7 days of Sick
- Remote options available
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.