About this role:
The Operational Risk Management is a vertical function within Risk and Finance CIO organization and is responsible for managing application supporting Operational Risk Programs for the bank. This Senior Engineer will be responsible for sourcing product, transactional and master/reference data from the approved provisioning points to Risk & Finance Foundational Platform; and enabling consumption of that data as data services across Risk & Finance.
The Operational Risk Senior Data Engineer will:
‘ Design and build data services that deliver Operational Risk data
‘ Design high performing data models on big-data architecture as data services.
‘ Design and build high performing and scalable data pipeline platform using Hadoop, Apache Spark, MongoDB and object storage architecture.
‘ Partner with Enterprise data teams such as Data Management & Insights and Enterprise Data Environment (Data Lake) and identify the best place to source the data
‘ Collaborate with source system and approved provisioning point (APP) teams, Architects, Data Analysts and Modelers to build scalable and performant data solutions.
‘ Effectively work in a hybrid environment where legacy ETL and Data Warehouse applications and new big-data applications co-exist
‘ Work with DBAs in Enterprise Database Management group to troubleshoot problems and optimize performance
‘ Support ongoing data management efforts for Development, QA and Production environments
‘ Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
‘ Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 4+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 3+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 2+ years of Autosys experience
- 2+ years of NoSQL DB like Couchbase/MongoDB experience
- 2+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both
- 2+ years of Java or Python experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of experience integrating with RESTful API
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience designing and developing data analytics solutions using object data stores such as S3
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time & batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Spark and Apache Sqoop
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.