Stock Plan Services administers equity compensation programs on behalf of public and private companies offering various compensations programs such as: Employee Stock Purchase Plans, Restricted Stock Awards/Units, Stock Option Plans, Stock Appreciation Rights and Performance based Awards. Currently SPS services over 2M participants employed by over 300 clients and spread out in 150 countries. The business is looking to further expand in the international equity compensation market, focused initially on western European countries and companies based there. As part of this business initiative, we are extending our capabilities to enable a truly global platform.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5-7 years of software development experience
- 3-4 years of Java EE development experience
- 1-2 years of experience on Cloud architecture and microservices
- Investment/financial services experience is highly desired
- You have a good understanding on Cloud applications architecture and micro services model development including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- You are experienced with using Cloud Orchestration/Workflow Automation and building distributed scalable applications
- You are experienced with working on modern transactional and data processing applications
- You have an ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment while meeting deliverables
- You have experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM, Extreme Programming, TDD etc.
- You have strong verbal and written communications, must be able to actively engage other team members
- You have good understanding of Agile systems development techniques using Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps
- You have prior experience working with development teams in onshore-offshore model
- Experience or exposure to a number of the following concepts and technologies is desired:
- Application development using Java EE, Spring or Springboot
- Relational databases like Oracle, Postgres or no-SQL databases such as MongoDB
- Understanding of and experience with Micro-Services Architecture concepts and emerging patterns such as APIs, JAX-RS, REST/JSON
- Event driven transaction processing using EAI, ESB and messaging patterns using technologies such as Kafka, MQ etc.
- CI/CD tools such as Maven, Git/Stash, Jenkins, Nexus, uDeploy, Docker etc.
The Value You Deliver
- Participating in the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design
- Writing concise and clear technical specifications based on analysis of complex business requirements
- Maintaining and supporting development environment while adopting industry practices and tools
- Creating working prototypes and proof of concepts for applications using new concepts and technologies
- Helping coordinate the delivery of technical components across internal/external technical teams.
- Working closely with business partners and management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Participating in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.