Arm's Machine Learning Group is seeking highly motivated and creative Software Engineers to join the Cambridge-based applied ML team!
From research, to proof-of-concept development, to deployment on ARM IPs, joining this team would be a phenomenal opportunity to contribute to the full life-cycle of machine learning projects and understand how pioneering machine learning is used to tackle real word problems.
Working closely with experts in ML and software and hardware optimisation – a truly multi-discipline environment – you will have the chance to explore existing or build new machine learning techniques, while helping unpick the complex world of use-cases that are applied on high end mobile phones, TVs, and laptops.
About the role
The role would be part of a team passionate about understanding and following the latest trends in machine learning neural networks, collecting and analysing these use cases to drive the direction of ML workload support in products.
Your role is to work with major ML frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc) to port and develop ML use cases, condition and quantise models to run more efficiently on Arm platforms, and to help ensure multiple Arm products are moulded to work well for machine learning.
As an in-depth technical role, you will need to understand the complex applications you analyse in detail and communicate them in their simplest form to help include them in product designs, where you will be able to influence both IP and system architecture.
Essential skills and experience:
- A background in computer science, software engineering or other comparable skills
- Experience training and debugging neural networks with TensorFlow or PyTorch using Python
- Familiarity with Linux and cloud services
- Have a strong attention to detail to ensure use cases you investigate are well understood and the critical areas needing improvement are understood
- Show strong communication skills – in this role you will regularly share your work with wider teams within Arm
- Experience of developing and maintaining CI/testing components to improve automation of model analysis
- Experience of the inner workings of Tensorflow or Tensorflow Lite
- Good knowledge of Python for working with ML frameworks
- Good knowledge of C++ for working with optimised ML libraries
- Previous experience of machine learning projects
- Experience with deployment optimizations on machine learning models
The world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented people. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.