Ordnance Survey are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. At OS, we believe work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We embrace a hybrid working model where we believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from our fantastic offices in Southampton or London, or from home. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,749 – £45,543 per annum.
Our National Mapping Services (NMS) division helps the UK Government make smarter decisions, empowering the nation through world-leading location expertise.
To achieve our exciting remit, we’ll find new ways to apply our expertise. We’ll reach out to a wider range of customers and stakeholders than ever before. And we’ll build deeper connections with them, aligning with their goals and really understanding their needs.
NMS is evolving. Our innovative strategy begins with one key aim. To maximise the opportunities from our core public sector business by delighting our customers.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Senior Software Engineer
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- At OS we embrace flexible working and can consider different working hours dependent on the role and your personal circumstances
- 25 days annual leave – (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
The Common Engineering?domain?within our Technology and Design department is?an Azure based,?agile, engineer-led workstream. To support?our?further growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic?Senior Software Engineer to come and work on some of our exciting new platforms to support the development teams.
Responsibilities as our Senior Software Engineer:
- Providing team leadership to Engineers and/or Associate Engineers (including a current requirement for Line Management)
- Taking ownership for the delivery of Azure software infrastructure platforms, through creation of Infrastructure as Code
- Continuously improving the engineering capability in all aspects of the engineering lifecycle through coaching, mentoring and technical leadership.
- Collaborating using development practices such as pairing and mobbing.
- Communicating between stakeholders and technical teams will be a primary requirement of the role
What we’re looking for in our Senior Software Engineer:
- Experience in at least one object orientated programming language, (e.g. C#, PowerShell, or Python)
- Skills in software engineering and industry best practice such as TDD, SOLID principles and Agile working practices
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code
- Understanding of cloud technologies and patterns
- Leading, mentoring, and coaching others
- Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Microsoft Azure and its common technologies
- Azure Machine Learning, DataBricks, or DataFactory
- Awareness of secure development practices
Join us and you’ll have an opportunity to make a difference. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain. To hear our customers say they couldn’t have done it without us. And to be central to OS’s vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.
Closing date: Sunday 16th January 2022
If you would like to be a part of this, click ‘apply’ now to be considered as our Senior Software Engineer -we’d love to hear from you!