Senior Software EngineerHeadlines
- Location:Able to commute into Manchester or London office as necessary but WFH supported
- Full-time or part-time (if full-time, flexible hours and working options available. Please include in your application if you are interested in part-time hours)
- Expected Start Date: ASAP
- Salary Range: We would like to pay £60,000 – £80,000
About UsSpektrix is a growing collection of creative problem solvers focused around the arts and technology whose mission is to help arts organizations be more successful. Were doing this through a combination of cloud-based software and consultative customer support that empowers arts organizations to grow revenue, increase efficiency, and build stronger relationships with audiences. We are always looking for new ways to approach problems, share knowledge, and better serve our customers. Youd be joining a team of over 120, based across our New York, London and Manchester offices and working with over 500 arts organizations in North America and the UK.Key ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a senior software engineer to join our engineering department. To us a senior is an engineer who can lead on projects as needed across a wide range of situations and technologies and mentor others in the team as they do so.
Our cloud native approach means using Azure PaaS solutions where possible to deliver value to our clients. Clients operate their business from our platform. You will be joining a team that builds and runs part of the Spektrix platform which powers that functionality. Our functionality ranges from ticket sales to reporting, marketing and CRM functions which are available from our client portal and via our APIs and Web Components.
The ideal candidate will be practiced in agile delivery, test driven development and refactoring techniques. They will be excited by the challenges of building and operating the web services and infrastructure for a business critical SaaS product serving the entertainment industry.
Skills Knowledge and ExpertiseCandidates must:
Be able to communicate fluently and teach others the following working practices
- Pair programming
- Agile software delivery practices including Lean and Kanban
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration
- Dependency Injection & Inversion of Control
Have experience building and maintaining web applications in production environments
- Common architectural patterns (e.g. layered, hexagonal, clean)
- Databases (Including concepts like indexes and transactions scopes)
- Performance and monitoring
- Security practices (e.g. understanding of OWASP Top 10)
Be comfortable safely refactoring legacy code
- Be able to work alongside client facing support and product owners to analyse business requirements
- Be keen to learn new technologies and skills
- Be receptive to feedback and be able to give constructive feedback
TechnologiesExperience of our existing tech stack is a bonus but if you are not familiar with these then we still want to hear from you. Youll just need to be happy to learn them
- Azure Cloud (DevOps, Compute, Storage, SQL PaaS etc)
- Flexible working. If it works for you and it works for your team then it works. Different teams may have different practices that require people in the office or online at specific times.
- NHS top up scheme (covering dental, optical, therapy & counselling, prescription and other health related costs)
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business
- Continuous development supported by Line manager, learning budget and 10% time
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- 25 days paid holiday with flexibility to take bank holidays wherever you choose
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Pension scheme with matched contributions from Spektrix up to 4%
- Office demo, drinks and celebrations every Friday (currently virtual)
- Varied range of regular socials (currently virtual)
- Cycle to work & Season Ticket Loans
Working from homeWe aim to be as flexible as possible when it comes to working setups and lots of our team work from home on a regular basis. This means we generally work with a remote first approach even when we are in the office.Whether you end up working in the office or from home more you will need a good setup for working from home.
Well provide reasonable support and all the hardware you need to get started, but we do require that you have the following already in place:
- A quiet working space at home where you can consistently take video calls without interruptions
- An internet connection that supports your participation in video calls and access to our systems and services
Equal opportunitiesSpektrix is an equal opportunities employer, we recruit regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability status and look to employ from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. Studies show that women do not apply for roles unless they meet 100% of the requirements, whereas men apply when they meet at least 60% of the requirements.At Spektrix, we know that there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate.Spektrix is committed to creating an inclusive work environment, where our team members are supported in expressing themselves and delivering their best work. So however youidentify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Diversity in the workplace is hugely important to our working environment and to enable both individuals and Spektrix to thrive. By valuing each persons differences we enable each person to contribute their unique experiences, strengths and viewpoints. Workplace diversity is something we aim to achieve and maintain at Spektrix, and we are pursuing a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and work in. We aim to reflect this diversity in all departments and at all levels of seniority in the business, right up to the board.
In an effort to help us reduce bias, please do not include a photo in your CV or application.
About SpektrixAt Spektrix, our mission is to provide arts organisations with the best possible chance of success. We do this by combining cloud-based technology with expert support and training consultancy, helping our clients grow their audiences and increase revenue. Were confident that Spektrix is the most forward-thinking ticketing, marketing and fundraising solution around.
We know that the best software is user-friendly and intuitive, so weve built every bit of Spektrix with usability in mind. Everything in the system is quick to learn and easy to use, whether youre a Box Office Manager, Marketing Assistant or Fundraising Director. Technology is constantly evolving to keep up with the pace we release daily upgrades so the 500+ organisations we work with (and their audiences) never have to wait for the newest and most innovative features.
Everything we do is about making our users lives easier, so everyone gets unlimited support and consultancy to get the most out of Spektrix. This ethos is reflected in our service charge an all-inclusive fee that scales with the size of your business. No upfront costs, no long-term tie-ins and no additional charges.