One of our key clients is seeking an experience Software Engineer to join its Design and Engineering division to be responsible for the development of in-house tools, dashboard, products and 3rd party monitoring solutions enabling end to end monitoring of the entire chain Online services. These services could be networks, systems, applications all the way to audio and video streams as well as user experience of these streams whether on cloud or on-premise using state of the art technology.
Our client is an advocate of self-development and bringing people into their organisation who can influence their product roadmap. The team works in a dynamic fashion with opportunities to innovate during regular hack days and was recently singled out for 'Innovator of the Year Award' from a list of 60 well-known industry leaders.
As a back-end Software Engineer, you will be working in a fast paced cross-discipline agile team to develop and improve Monitoring systems and products. This dynamic role is, part of an agile delivery team closely working with stakeholders across the business and will be interpreting and implementing software and systems engineering requirements across the web platform:
- Design, engineer/develop & release applications and systems using best practices
- Help improve engineering process and standards
- Build excellently engineered, high availability solutions to handle huge volumes of traffic.
- Champion new technologies and
- Work closely with operational support teams to ensure solutions our supportable, scalable, HA and reliable. Ensure technical quality meets the needs for a fast, reliable, always-on service.
- Writing unit, integration, end-to-end, and visual regression tests, taking a test-driven approach to code and systems quality
- Promote collaborative working, skills and knowledge sharing together with reviewing work of other team members and pairing
- Engineering using agile practices
Are you the right candidate?
The role would suit someone who has experience in either developing user-facing products or is passionate about orchestrating platform, automation, repeatability, performance.
Key is experience of engineering, developing and supporting large, complex systems at scale with modern tools both on-prem and in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will be a:
Software Developer – Fluent in at least one modern programming language preferably Python and/or GO and good experience within a development discipline e.g. testing, pairing, continuous integration methodologies
Software Engineer – Experience with troubleshooting systems or networks. Linux Admin, AWS, Application monitoring tool solutions, Open source products such as TICK Stack (Influx / Influx Relay / Kapacitor etc), Grafana and Alerta
DevOps – experience with a combination of Software Engineering, Cloud-based technologies, Quality Assurance and Operations skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation who are industry leading in the work they undertake. The role offers hybrid working between home and West London, is to start ASAP and is on a permanent basis.
Salary – DoE as an example a Senior Engineer salary is up to £61,500 with Principal Engineer being able to achieve up to £71,500. There is also a generous London Weighting of £4,700.
Pension – matched contributions up to 10%
Holiday – 25 days + 8 bank holidays and the ability to buy and sell up to 5 per year