Fidelity Brokerage Technology is looking for a Senior Software Engineer as a member of our team. While working to deliver business capabilities across a globally distributed team of IT professionals, the team continually strives to advance engineering excellence, technology innovation and agile practices. Must be a self-starter, able to work well with others, and communicate software changes to business partners, system analysts, QA engineers, etc.
The Expertise We re Looking For
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with the following technologies (or similar):
- Strong experience with web services (JSON, XML, REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins / Stash / Git
- Unit Testing JUnit / Jasmine
- Application Framework Angular 2+ / Spring
- 1-2 years of experience in Agile development
- Experience with Jira
- Cloud Computing a plus
The Purpose of Your Role
This role will focus on the design and development of Fidelity Institutional products and services platform. The candidate will work with project managers, systems analysts, offshore resources, tech leads, quality assurance, and architects to build solutions that meet critical business needs. You should possess problem solving skills and be able to translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
The Skills You Bring
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Formal project life cycle methodology experience waterfall and agile
- Organizational and presentation skills
- Willingness to explore and learn new technologies
- Understanding of building net new UI s as well as integrating with other applications and services
- Help maintain code quality, security, organization, and automation
The Value You Deliver
- Design and implementation of software solutions that meet requirements and are aligned to the project/program strategic direction
- Adhere to engineering best practices and participate in design and code reviews
- Develop and maintain partnerships across the organization
- Working as part of a team in a collaborative environment to deliver an exceptional experience for our clients
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Brokerage Technology enables business partners to win in their respective marketplaces by designing, building and maintaining technology platforms and products. As a Software Engineer your efforts will support this through delivering technology solutions that align with our goals. The build and design of software solutions that are flexible to meet the needs in the rapidly changing landscape that we compete in, and provide the best customer experience for our clients.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.