Fidelity Digital Brokerage Solutions Technology is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a key member of a growing engineering team, this role will be hands-on building the modern, end-to-end, cloud-enabled digital applications.
Fidelity's Digital Brokerage Solutions Technology team conceptualizes, designs, develops, tests and launches innovative suite of digital products and services while leveraging modern technologies. Our goal is to create user experiences that delight our customers, anticipate their needs, and match services and solutions to their goals. Your contribution will be key to introducing new enterprise-wide products and services that will bring alive the modern digital experiences to our cross-enterprise customers. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be applying your strong software development and test automation skills to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve Fidelity Digital Brokerage Solutions customer-facing software solutions. You will also be enabling your Scrum team in accepting test automation frameworks and standard methodologies to ensure we are building the right product the right way.
We are a dynamic workplace that combines the best parts of startup lifeu2014building from scratch, adapting quickly, and moon-shot ambitionu2014with the scale and stability of an industry leader. We provide a safe space for startup teams to explore new business ideas, quickly test them with customers, and scale the most promising concepts within an existing business unit, or as a new venture.
The Expertise You Have
- A Bachelor s or master s degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or related field
- 6 to 9 years of experience with designing and building Angular and webservice applications while incorporating test automation frameworks
- Experience in delivering software in the Agile environment
- Expertise with web/mobile in a hybrid tech stack (Ionic/Capacitor/Cordova)
- Strong experience with web services (JSON, XML, REST, SOAP, etc.) and Spring Framework
- Proven experience integrating with APIs with a strong understanding of RESTful web services
- Strong understanding and experience working and integrating with Database technologies (Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL etc.)
- Strong understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory; deploying applications in a DevOps environment
- Knowledge of financial services and brokerage operations technology systems preferred
- In-depth knowledge of secure coding standards and practices
- Code Quality/Coverage Tools (Sonar or equivalent)
- Test/Automation (Jest, Cucumber, Mockito, Selenium or any other mocking framework)
- Experience with a modern UI framework such as React, Angular or Vue
- You thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environments with high risks and high rewards
- Experience AWS, CI/CD, ES6, SASS
The Skills You Bring
- Passionate about Test Driven Development, developing robust software, writing testable and maintainable code
- Able to perform many roles within the agile squad from development to QA to systems analysis in order drive sprint deliverables to completion
- Self-directed, willing to take initiative, pragmatic and results-oriented
- Has keen attention to detail and wants to solve hard problems, not just detect them
- Able to learn large software systems end-to-end quickly
- Keenly interested in learning new technologies and their adoption as well as mentoring other
- Able to work with remote and international team members
- Obsessed with creating the best end-to-end customer experience
- Owns the outcome by taking personal accountability for delivering strong results
The Value You Deliver
- Defining and executing test strategies, scenarios, and steps for automated and functional testing
- Participate in scrum activities such as test stand ups, story grooming sessions, and sprint planning
- Managing the execution of all QA work throughout the agile process
- Collaborating with technical development team to develop valid test approaches and scenarios
- Working and collaborating with new technologies to solve test challenges and process improvements
- Executes manual and/or automated test scripts for multiple or complex projects
- Leads test script reviews and mentors QA / Squad members on tool and technologies.
- Contributes to CICD through automation
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at a given time
- Must take initiative, be a decisive decision maker, show confidence in decisions being made and see tasks through to completion
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
$96,000 – $120,000 per yea
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.