About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer that will be responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of general modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years hands on experience in Java with exposure to build and deployment
- 4 + years of experience designing and implementing solutions for test automation using Selenium and Java
- 4+ years of scripting and automation experience
- 4+ years hands on experience in Java with exposure to build and deployment.
- 4+ years of application test driven development (TDD) experience with frameworks like TestNG & Hybrid Frameworks
- 2+ years of experience testing using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Hands on Experience in using BDD frameworks(Cucumber,karate etc)
- 4+ years of experience with source coding in one or a combination of the following: GitHub, SVN(Subversion), TFVC (Team Foundation Version Control) or TFSGit (Team Foundation Server)
- 4+ years of Maven experience, Gradle experience or combination of both
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, UDeploy (Urbancode Deploy) or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills (default)
- Education A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- 4+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services.
- 4+ years of SQL DBA experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technical design: ECM system design, implementation, and support at an enterprise level
- Experience with delivering projects using Agile software development techniques.
- Hands on experience with automated testing frameworks , tools , services or Device automation
- Hands on experience with Unit Testing frameworks such as JUnit, Jasmine.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies and systems.
- Strong leadership skills, ensuring defect free deliverables and also motivate the team to perform better every day taking up more ownership and accountability.
- Develop and maintain Web based application built using Java and Java script framework for users across various Line of businesses within Wells Fargo(80000+ users).
- Understand project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Have strong understanding of Agile methodologies and deliver projects using Agile software development techniques.
- Perform a gap analysis on Requirements, Functional Specs and review with scrum and project team.
- Support delivery of incremental projects and in-sprint automation requirements while also helping building and maintaining the test automation suite.
- Contribute towards CI/CD tasks and mentor others on same.
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions and be able to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
- Successfully multi task in an results driven environment and work with different stake holders to ensure successful delivery of projects with high quality results.
- Think out of the box and develop advanced technical solutions to business problems, and grab opportunities to improve system resiliency.
- Mentor less experience technical staff and will be involved in activities for additional skills development.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.