Did your things make you go “wow” today? At SmartThings, we are dedicated to making every home a Smart Home – and as the IoT platform of Samsung, with millions of users and connected devices, we are well on our way. We strive to create an easy-to-use, secure, and above all intelligent IoT solution for the home that delights our customers. Our fun, intelligent, and creative teams need your help to make our things a little more connected, and a lot smarter.
Do you want to be part of the team that develops, owns, and operates the SmartThings authorization, access management, and privacy services which serve millions of users, and billions of device interactions a day? We are responsible for ensuring interactions on the cloud are authorized and secure as well as building privacy systems to give the users of SmartThings the power to control how their data is used.
Security Management Services are critical to ensure everything inside the SmartThings Platform is secure. You will be working with a world-class team of engineers who are passionate about what they do and will expect no less from you. Each team member has an insatiable hunger for learning new technologies and improving existing ones. If the team is a good mutual fit, as a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for not only leading the technical implementation of systems but being a lead contributor on services.
Solve complex architecture problems with intuitive designs.
Breaking down complex privacy and access concerns to digestible ideas and services.
Comfortable working in all phases of the software development lifecycle from planning to deployment and support.
Ownership of major features from beginning to deployment.
Operate in a test-driven, continuous integration environment.
Ability to provide technical and strategic cross-functional direction, understanding the overall impact of decisions relative to company goals.
Influence projects, teams, and senior management.
Willingness to work across various time zones and geographies.
Project ownership, working with managers to scope and define assignments, and other project criteria.
Drive key strategic outcomes like reliability, quality, and testability.
Mentor other team members.
Setting professional standards for the company by role modeling core values.
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
Exceptional object-oriented design and functional programming skills in a Java, Scala, Kotlin, C#, or similar language (5+ years of experience preferred)
Expert in RESTful web services
Extensive experience with large-scale infrastructure and distributed systems supporting consumer-facing production-level cloud services built atop AWS / Azure / GCP (3+ years of experience preferred).
Experience building/extending/implementing trust systems using OAuth, ACLs, IAM, etc
Experience with Git
Experience with Linux systems
Excellent communication and people skills. Comfortable presenting to both internal and external executive audiences at a global scale.
Proven expertise in fundamental computer science concepts and expert in a key area of technology
Creating a safer, smarter world with you.
SmartThings brings your home to life by being the leading open platform for the consumer Internet of Things. Bringing together developers, device makers, and service providers to make the world a smarter place. From a door that knows when to lock itself, to a living room that can get the party started or a sink that can help to call a plumber; the opportunities are endless to make everyday objects around us more useful. So if you’re innovative, not afraid to challenge status quo, collaborative and have a passion for technology, then you’ve found your next home with SmartThings!
- Develop components of multitier web application
- Consulting professional services experience in java development and project implementations who are passionate about delivering high quality software products and services
- Work on backend services platform and application development
- Oversee the web application architecture for the Ask
- Challenging programming and software design problems
- Provide support for critical web application problems and issues
- Provide operational support for web systems and application platforms
- Analyze users' needs and design software
- Promote software design/testing/coding best practices
- Demonstrate great maturity and skill in software design and development practice
- Managing enterprise web applications using RESTful web services in AWS
- Developing and maintaining Java web services
- Maintain web-based SOA applications software
- Troubleshoot, performance tune and understand java memory utilization in code produced and participate in functional and design meetings and reviews
- Debug and troubleshoot software issues
- Paying attention to software development process practiced by the team
- Assist in the authoring of software tools that reliably manage application delivery
- Utilize the appropriate frameworks to develop reusable software packages and software services
- Porting existing web functionality to Java Spring based web applications
- Create technical documentation: software requirements and technical design specifications