Be part of something exciting and challenging and join our CGI Scotland's Horizontal Delivery Centre as a Senior Software Engineer within the Software Development Service. We have a large number of customers across a vast portfolio within the private and public sectors . We enjoy a very high profile within CGI as a top class software development organisation, delivering to internal CGI and external client projects. If you want to genuinely make a difference and work on projects that are positively affecting issues like education and health and social then read on…
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Follow project processes including applicable methodologies and/or frameworks
• Understand and uses the local Application Lifecycle Management tools.
• Understand and deploy at least one methodology and/or framework to implement project processes.
• Perform trade-off of methodologies and/or frameworks and guidance to colleagues on their application.
• Lead the selection and use of methodologies and/or frameworks across the projects.
• Produce high quality software implementing appropriate reuse and design patterns to required Architectural guidelines and constraints.
• Design and develop software in line with quality standards.
• Produce and execute unit tests.
• Identify and fixe bugs in software.
• Independently solve problems.
• Be able to describe, in written & verbal form, the root cause of issues.
• Adhere to change control procedures and processes.
• Provide trusted work package estimates.
• Review colleagues work and provides constructive feedback.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
This should include but not be limited to the following technologies/concepts:
• Java 8 / EE
• SOA and integration via an ESB
• Hibernate / JPA (or other ORM framework)
• JBOSS (for example JSF/BRMS/Drools/jBPM)
• Fuse Integration
• Experience across the software stack (JSF, Java EE, Oracle)
• Oracle DB
• Red Hat JBoss
• Fuse 6.3
• Camel Quartz and Fuse Connectors/Adapters
• XML / XSD Data Design
• Experience of integration using REST APIs
• Experience of web services (preferably SOAP or JSON)
• Continuous Integration using Jenkins
• JBoss Developer Studio or similar (e.g. IntelliJ)
Highly Desirable Skills
• XML / XSLT”
- SOA/Enterprise Service Bus
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.