ProducePay is transforming the fresh produce industry through a transparent marketplace, flexible financing, and better insights into the market. We are a grower focused company that likes helping the little guy. We have raised over $60 million to take ProducePay to the next level, and are rapidly growing out the team to bring us there.
ProducePay's Engineering Culture
Ownership Mindset: From our product teams to our individual team members, we take full ownership of what we do.
Product Obsessed: Our engineers don't just build tech, they build products.
Ego Free: Our team knows that everyone has something to teach, and that there's always more to learn.
Relentless Simplification: We are constantly simplifying what we do, from processes, to user experience, to the code we write.
Constant Growth: We do not standstill. We constantly strive to improve and grow as individuals and as a team.
We are looking for a Senior React Native Engineer to take ownership over our mobile app. Right now, our app is built using Expo and React Native but is mostly a web view wrapper around our web application (with push notifications). That means you will mostly be building out our app from the ground up – replacing web view features with RN features, adding additional features that we want to build in, and working with the product and engineering teams to determine how the mobile app fits into our overall technology strategy. You will be embedded within the Preferred Network team, but will have opportunities to work across teams as you develop the mobile app strategy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide technical leadership for building out our mobile app using React Native
- Work collaboratively with product, design, and the rest of engineering as we build software that meets our customers’ needs
- Take ownership of technical direction, design, and architecture for new features within our platform, and specifically as we add new features to the mobile app.
- Rapidly iterate on new features, experiments, and designs. Our customer facing teams have to work in a very agile manner to deliver value to our customers. We’re looking for someone who knows how to balance quick iteration of ideas with clean, sustainable code.
- Mentor and guide other engineers using your awesome knowledge and experience. Whether through code reviews or pair programming, we want to learn from you.
- Continue to grow your skill set and knowledge. We are committed to investing in ourselves and our team
- Extensive experience with building web or mobile applications. You’ve seen some stuff, and whether it’s good, bad, or ugly it continues to inform the decisions you make on the software you build
- 2+ years of experience with React Native, including working with native modules, configuring/setting up an application, and building out a proper development pipeline for React Native work
- Our stack includes React Native, GraphQL, Rails, Elixir, Phoenix, and Postgres. You don’t have to know them all, but we’re looking for team members excited to work with these technologies
- Experience shipping production-quality software for 5+ years
- Experience working with agile software development processes
Who You Are
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You enjoy solving large and oftentimes ambiguous problems.
- You are obsessed with the user experience and have a passion for building products that delight users.
- You take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them. You don’t believe in silos or flinging tasks over a fence.
- You are a lifetime learner that isn’t afraid of diving into something new.
- You love to collaborate on problems that are bigger in scope and impact than what you could accomplish by yourself.
- You want to work with other team members that share the same passion and drive for awesome tech and products as you and have a great time doing so.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k – company automatically contributes 3%
- Parking and Phone plans
- Friday Team Lunches
- Regular team outings (go-karting, paintball etc.) – just ask for our team photos to check how much fun we had 😉
- Unlimited time off
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members