About Convr: Convr empowers P&C carriers with digital end-to-end underwriting management powered with a patented-AI decisioning engine that transforms the underwriting experience.
Carriers of all sizes, including many of Top 10 carriers, trust Convr to help them transform their underwriting experience with straight through processing and more complete data to make better decisions. Convr’s Underwriting Command center brings together data, discovery, and decision intelligence (Data. Discovery. Decision. ™) through its patented machine-learning algorithm engine so carriers are able to reduce application questions by over 70% and increase underwriting productivity by 10x. To learn more, visit www.convr.com. Follow Convr on Twitter and LinkedIn. Our mission is to empower commercial carriers to digitally transform with an end-to-end underwriting management platform that enables superior performance, optimal efficiency, and world-class customer experiences from submission to quote.
About The Role: Our Intake team is responsible for managing our document ingestion software, machine learning models and service layers. We are looking for senior engineers to hit the ground running with us. We build great software and are architecting the next generation of APIs, machine learning models, orchestration technologies and performance upgrades that allow us to work with more data, faster. We code together in a working Agile environment, and believe in always bettering ourselves while learning on-the-job. This role reports to your Engineering Manager on our Data Team.
The most successful candidate:
- 2+ years professional experience as a Python developer
- BS in Computer science preferred
- Machine Learning/AI coursework preferred
- Data Science coursework preferred
- Experience building RESTful microservices and APIs
- Experience working on a Platform oriented architecture
- Experience working with databases (Elastic/Snowflake/Cassandra/RDBMS/MariaDB/MySQL/NoSQL)
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Git, Gitlab, Jenkins
- Experience with Bash & Python scripts for deployments
- Understands Machine Learning principals
- Test Driven Development (TDD) experience
- Great communication skills in technical concepts and solutions
- Pilot new technologies, architectures and ideas and bring them back to the team
- Ability to jump into code, work, and leave it better than when you first started
- Ability for multi-tasking and managing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Enjoys working in a highly feedback oriented team setting
- Proactively identify process improvements and ways to increase development efficiency in the organization
- Motivated by the “always on” startup environment where we can constantly learn and iterate quickly
- Develop containerized microservices using Python, Docker and Kubernetes
- Architect software solutions for complex high volume data environments
- Collaborate with the development team to fix and improve existing applications
- Create testing strategies and procedures for all core components
- Monitor, assess and improve current system performance
- Identify scalability issues and opportunities
- Support software testers and application engineers during deployments and maintenance
- Provide support for testing/development/staging environments
- Create and maintain documentation for new and existing systems
Why Join Convr?
- Full Transparency. We believe in open communication with our team and clients.
- Excellent work-life balance. We believe in flexibly because “life” happens! (unlimited PTO!)
- Team mentality. We believe in “All Hands on Deck”! Helping one another regardless of department.
- Everyone knows your name. We are a small company of ~50 employees. You will not be just a number!
- Growth. We believe in challenging yourself to develop your career.
- We are going places! We have a passionate team taking Convr to the next level!
Are you ready to make a life-changing impact on the people behind the business?