If you are intelligent, curious and enjoy stretching yourself; if you're seeking a fresh culture and a variety of projects, consider this small and growing consultancy. They are seeking skilled developers with experience in areas such as software architecture and algorithms, drivers and OS development, RTL (FPGA / ASIC) work, optimisation and parallelism.
Early projects are likely to include some RTL (softcore/hardware design and development) for both ASIC and FPGA (on different projects); training will be provided for software developers new to these areas.
You will have:
- A good degree in a technical subject and strong A-level grades, or equivalent experience, including a good mathematical grounding.
- Software development skills in C, C++ and possibly in VHDL, Verilog and/or SystemC.
- Experience developing any of: embedded or low level software, algorithm development, device drivers, Linux or FreeRTOS bring-up, optimisation for particular chipsets or processing units (CPU, GPU, SoC or FPGA).
- Algorithm development skills, for example as might apply to video compression, sensor fusion, image processing, probabilistic modelling, high-speed decision making.
- An openness towards working directly with clients (guidance and training would be provided).
As an early joiner you'll be a key voice and have influence within the company. They see work-life balance as important, so you can expect mutual flexibility to be rewarded. Remote and hybrid work patterns will both be considered.
Keywords: Consultancy, C, C++, Assembler, Linux, Drivers, FPGA, VHDL / Verilog, Image Processing, Modelling
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest – we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.