Senior PLC Software Engineer – East Lancashire – 52-58k + overtime when on site Industrial Controls Siemens or Rockwell experience required
Headlines –Opportunity to step up into a Senior PLC Software Engineer role, very well established and well regarded company, wide variety in terms of the projects, long term stability, the business supports and encourages training and personal development and will offer support to Senior PLC Software Engineershelping them gain Chartered status.
Key aspects the Senior PLC Software Engineer position include –
- Been the Lead PLC Software Engineer on at least one large PLC based project or have a demonstrable track record as a seasoned Lead Engineer
- Have a strong background in writing PLC software using either Siemens or Rockwell systems so you can successfully schedule works across a small team of PLC Software Engineers.
- Drive/promote high quality coding standards across the team.
- The successful applicant will have experience of producing good quality Functional Design Specifications (FDS) and FAT documentation.
- Industry experience could have come from working in the water treatment sector, chemical or other process based industries, but the client is open to any sector experience.
- Networking of common automation hardware including EtherNET/IP, ProfiNET, Profibus, Modbus
- On top of the basic salary the client will pay overtime for hours completed onsite (over 40/wk). They also have a flexitime system in place where the Engineer can accrue time off in lieu and start early/finish early
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
For the successful Senior PLC Software Engineer there will be opportunities to learn and be trained on scripting, process safety, machine safety and ATEX.
The client is a very well-established Automation business with a growth plan in place to service an increasing amount of work from current customers, as well as delivering projects for an expanding base of new customers. They have a friendly, supportive working environment.
The role will be based in East Lancashire and is easily commutable from Bury, Rochdale, Heywood, Burnley, Blackburn, Accrington, Darwen and Bolton.
Please submit your CV ASAP for immediate consideration.