About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer…
In this role, you will:
- Support moderately complex Pega development initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments using an agile methodology.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of Pega development and implementation experience with applications, databases, or a combination of both
- 2+ years combined work experience in Pega as a CSA or CSSA
- 1+ years of experience developing in Pega version 8.x or certifications in Pega 8.x
- An industry-standard technology certification of Pega CSA
- Ability to learn/research Pega topics that you have yet to master in order to push your boundaries into increasingly complex implementations.
- An industry-standard technology certification of CSA and CSSA
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: impact analysis, detailed designs and unit test plans
- Knowledge and understanding of Pega
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience working on Splunk
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with SQL
- Previous work experience in other software development languages such as Java.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ‘Personal Cell’ or ‘Cellular’ in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
Enterprise Customer Remediation team within Customer Excellence provides technology development and support for the Wells Fargo COO organization. These applications and supporting departments enables a holistic view of critical customer interaction points and partners across lines of business to strengthen the experiences we provide to our customers. Specifically, this group will identify and implement enhancements defined by the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence business group and constantly look for solutions to design application features, focus on performance, stability and availability of end to end solution. This is a mission critical function that will move the needle on supporting our customers and team members, meet the expectations of our regulators, and continue to transform the company.
This candidate will be part of an engineering team with focus on technical solutions. As part of the team candidate will be accountable for multiple projects at any given time, and will be expected to provide technical guidance for a wide variety of systems/solutions. Team member will also interact with onshore/offshore team(s) and be responsible for sprint delivery. Team member will create, prepare and implement systems quality assurance reviews for numerous applications. Responsible for primary development of automated testing strategies. Will use independent judgment to perform complex analysis of business requirements and technical system specifications. Will execute test plans and scripts to facilitate complex testing activities.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.