Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) combines the elasticity and utility of public cloud with the granular control, security, and predictability of on-premises infrastructure to deliver high-performance, high availability and cost-effective infrastructure services. Multiple compute options provide the flexibility to run the most demanding workloads, as well as less compute-intensive applications, in a secure and highly available cloud environment. Customers can self-service provision virtual machines right alongside bare metal servers and clusters on the same virtual cloud networks, through a unified web console, APIs, CLI or via industry-standard tools such as Terraform and Chef. OCI's approach gives the customer choices for storage us industry-leading local NVME storage or elastic network block storage.
The Oracle Kubernetes Engine (OKE) team builds the OCI service that runs our managed Kubernetes experience. It is in use by a variety of internal and external customers, and we're actively adding features – from Kubernetes, to deeper integrations with OCI, and to better allow cluster management. The team operates a 24×7 service at scale. We have a large roadmap of features to enable scenarios for new customers coming onboard in the coming quarters.
We’re looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
The ideal software engineer candidate for this team is a proficient programmer who has large breadth of knowledge and experience including areas such as networking, storage, internet protocols and operating systems. We write distributed, highly available systems to build, update and deploy Kubernetes, plus automation and tooling for testing, deployments and other needs.
- Architect and design new features and systems for our customers.
- Work across teams to engineer the best system (both for operations and for customers) regardless of org boundaries or ownership.
- Debug, maintain and improve existing systems, with a focus especially for reducing operational burden and on performance.
- Be a generalist, able to debug issues across a wide breadth of our stack.
- Scale our systems by building tooling and automation.
- Work with partner teams outside our org and external to Oracle.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 to 5 years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
- History of working in large codebases in C/C++, C#, Java, or Go, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.