This is a rapidly growing area, so you will have plenty of opportunity to spread your wings and develop your skillset to keep up with the ever-growing demands of the digital landscape. Most of your time will be spent embedded with our clients’ team and we’ll look to you to provide our clients with a high-quality delivery of a solution that challenges the client to adopt standard functionality over customisation.
As we increasingly work with clients across their business portfolio you should look to maximise the use of the Microsoft platform bringing together the right components to bring the client value without complexity. You will also be expected to bring your industry experience to client delivery, offering advice and anecdotal experience to bring innovation to the client’s business. This is a unique opportunity to join a Big-4 organisation that is investing heavily in growing a Microsoft practice, this is your chance to contribute to that growth by bringing your experience, innovative ideas and solutions to us.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that you are able to architect and “solution” the overall D365 architecture and other solution components for our clients, advising a team to complete a successful delivery of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain projects.
- Support the business in pre-sales opportunities and into delivery through discovery, business process transformation, solution configuration and design, build, testing, training, and go live support.
- Design the project architecture strategy, diagrams, and roadmap for customer projects.
- Produce the Solution Blueprint and Solution Design Document.
- Take a lead role in the project, guiding the functional and technical teams, working with the project and programme manager, working with client management and the executive team.
- Review Functional Requirement Document and Functional Design Document.
- Ensure testing plans are provided and accurate for each project.
- Review and research Microsoft Dynamics 365 product releases to identify the key changes/additions that would be applicable to current and future projects.
- Review and research third party ISV products that may be required to provide solution to future projects.
- Senior Managers will be involved in work that includes engaging and collaborating with client stakeholders across multiple levels of the organisation.
- Delivering Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain based solutions that may integrate to other Dynamics 365 modules and existing client solutions.
- Assist in determining where other Microsoft solutions (i.e., PowerPlatform, Azure Data Lake, AI) can help clients to realise business benefit.
- Utilise our EY Accelerate offering to deliver value to clients rapidly.
- Be pro-active in Yammer and other Microsoft communities to look for opportunities to engage in private previews, network and to promote the EY brand.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Microsoft certification MB-300: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Core Finance and Operations
- Any 2 qualifications out of the following;
- MB-310: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance (or AX 2012 Finance)
- MB-320: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing (or AX 2012 Manufacturing)
- MB-330: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management (or AX 2012 Trade & Logistics)
- MB-500: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance and Operations Apps Developer
- MB-700: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Finance & Operations Apps Solution Architect
- AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
- Microsoft Success by Design Training attendance and appreciation.
- Working in project teams through agreed phases of project governance, requirements definition, vendor selection, risk analysis, customisation, testing, training, and rollout of a client's project lifecycle.
- Providing deep technical knowledge within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain and ideally some exposure to the ALM process of the Dynamics 365 suite.
- Importantly to have experience of architecting the infrastructure and platform for Dynamics 365 solutions.
- Having an understanding of the broader universe of ISV’s that integrate with Dynamics 365 to solve the need for specialist or industry relevant functionality.
- Ability to challenge the client team to adopt standard functionality as a primary approach and to avoid customising the standard solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in leading projects as a solution architect with multiple end-to-end lifecycles.
- Successful teaming with client technology professionals and third-party strategic alliances.
- Interacting and communicating effectively with teammates, clients, stakeholders, and executives.
- Passion to help build the capability within EY by bringing and sharing your extensive experience to grow our capability and to create innovative IP that will help us to deliver faster, more efficiently and with higher client satisfaction.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Business process analysis and architecture
- ERP application and project management principles
- Minimum 5 years ERP application or technical experience
- Minimum 5 years Dynamics AX/365 experience
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft ERP ecosystem in particular MS Dynamics ERP suite / MS Power Platform suite / MS Azure
- Experience of MS DevOps
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Project management principles
- Knowledge of BPMN2
- Excellent document writing, presentation, and time management skills
- Significant technical and functional project experience implementing Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain as a solution architect.
- Minimum of 1 full lifecycle implementation of Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply chain.
- An understanding of other Dynamics 365 components and modules and how they integrate with D365 Finance and Supply Chain.
- Understanding of the PowerPlatform solution components and how they can be used to enhance the overall solution offered to the client as an alternative to customising.
What we look for
- Excellent communication and consultancy skills
- Approachable and confident, you excel in customer facing scenario’s
- Ability to converse with clients, understand and solve problems, and build trust at a senior level
- Motivated with a great work ethic
- Confident in your abilities
- Professional at all times
- Team player
- You have an appetite for continuous improvement and learning
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.