Larian is seeking a passionate Machine Learning expert to join a new ML Lab within our award winning game studios. The mission is to identify opportunities for the application of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computational statistics to push the boundaries of game development and game fidelity. The new ML Lab works on enabling a new generation of engine technologies and enhancing our asset pipelines for the creation of amazing games. Become part of a revolution in the experience of playing games powered by ML.Responsibilities
- Be a mentor and a coach for the ML Lab team.
- Explore opportunities for the application of ML techniques to optimize and improve our game engine, game creation pipelines, and ultimately enhance the player experience.
- Educate all developers across the global studio in the domain and application of ML and associated technologies.
- Generate, gather and build a knowledge base of research and expertise in the domain and application of ML.
- 4+ years experience in Machine Learning Engineering.
- Degree in a technical field such as Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong python.
- Passionate about AI, ML, and computational statistics.
- Open minded, willing to experiment, collaborate and iterate within a technical domain.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Enjoy coaching and mentoring.
Nice to have
- Experience in the gaming industry (animation, combat AI, game engines)
- Proficient in C++
- Knowledge of Reinforcement Learning
What we offer
- An international team of over 400 employees spread across 6 studios around the world, each of which have their own unique qualities, and maintain a small-studio feel
- An open, collaborative environment where ideas are welcome and encouraged
- A managerial team consisting of highly experienced game developers at the top of their fields
- Sharing hobbies and passions with likeminded colleagues
- Inclusive environment with many activities organized by the studios or the employees
- Commitment to making the best game possible for the fans, including listening to community feedback
Larian Studios is a multi award winning studio dedicated to the creation of high quality role-playing games. We are the creators of ‘Divinity: Original Sin 2’, awarded PC Gamer’s ‘Game of the Year 2017’ and Metacritic’s ‘Top-rated PC Game of 2017’. We’re currently working on Baldur’s Gate 3.We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles and narrative. We need your help to take our player engagement to new and greater heights. We want to find passionate and skillful people to join us on our next adventure.Guildford /Machine Learning /Full -time/ On-site