Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy’s Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy’s Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app you’ll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
As a senior machine learning engineer in Macy’s enterprise machine learning team, you will engage with business stakeholders, leaders in the machine learning team to understand business problems, build machine learning models to help the best merchandising decision for Macy’s. You will be building data pipelines, prototypes, testing your models in the market to improve it.
About the team
Enterprise Data & Analytics team is growing Macy’s capabilities in support of our mission to be a data – led, customer centric company. This team will focus on accelerating impact from analytics, coordinating an enterprise-wide roadmap, and ensuring proper data governance, engineering, and management. As a member of the enterprise machine Learning team, you will help to execute projects to build profitable lifetime customer relationships by embedding data & analytics at the heart of everything we do. The team will work on productionizing analytics and algorithm integration and development for use cases and establish norms, standards and a data-driven culture throughout the organization.
- MS in related field (Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics and etc.) with 3+ years of industry experience with working on data science and machine learning models
- Experienced with working with stakeholders to understand business requirements and documenting
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and ability to communicate technical subject to peers and business users
- Hands on experience on building machine learning and statistical models
- Prior experience with handling with large amount of data in the industry
- Familiarity with database and Cloud technology
- Ph.D. in related field (Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics and etc.) with 3+ years of industry experience with working on data science and machine learning models
- Familiar with retail problems or implementing data science projects in the retail industry
- Hands on experience with Python and familiar with GitHub and working with engineering teams
- Extensively experienced with SQL, BigQuery and GCP products or similar cloud products
- Have built real world models using Tensorflow, statmodels, PyTorch, scikit-learn, pandas and numpy
- Has a familiarity with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, Power BI and etc.