Senior Linux Engineer – Remote based.
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Linux professional to join a leading Managed Services Provider as a "Senior Linux Engineer". This particular business is experiencing significant growth both organically and via acquisitions/mergers. Incredible time to join the business(!) as there are huge progression and training opportunities.
As a Senior Linux Engineer you'll be responsible for both acting as a final escalation point for the service desk (3rd/4th Line support) but also assisting in the delivery/configuration of their on-prem and cloud solutions (Azure/AWS environments) which includes working closely with their Public Cloud teams to ensure that they're offering the best service/solutions possible.
- Delivering unparalleled customer service and advice to our customers via calls, emails, and ticketing systems.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of our customer solutions, including consulting them on how we can best improve their technical environments.
- Innovating and aiding in the development of new and improved products.
- Developing your expertise in the vast suite of technologies we work with.
- Answer calls from clients in a friendly, controlled, and professional manner.
- Being able to complete support tickets in a reasonable time, reply to the client in a non-tech-friendly way where required, leave detailed internal notes, and escalate matters where necessary.
- To provide Quality Assurance for Enterprise solutions.
- To provide technical reviews, assistance, and analysis on conference calls.
- Respond to break and fix support requests, your role will involve providing resolutions to clients in as few hops as possible. Using evidence whenever possible to find the root cause of issues and avoid repeat occurrences.
- Supporting and contributing to the setup, configuration and maintenance of our servers.
- Helping us on our journey to becoming a market leader in hybrid cloud solutions.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Linux servers and services – RedHat/Debian based distributions
- Excellent customer facing skills (written and verbal) and the ability to work effectively/efficiently in high-pressure scenarios
- A desire to learn new technologies and expand knowledge on existing areas of understanding.
- Ability to work closely with the Account, Service and Customer Success Management teams to ensure good client relationships are maintained.
- Experience diagnosing various server issues using standard open-source tools.
- A proven track record of providing excellent support to clients via all communication channels, Tickets, Phone Calls, Conference Calls
- Experience of Linux systems in highly-available production environments
- Ability to help develop junior team members by improving know-how in knowledge gaps whilst assisting in the delivery of our renowned excellent support.
- Proficient knowledge in server hardware, Linux services and protocols commonly used in hosting environments
- Mail Management (eg. Exim, Postfix)
- Web Hosting Management GUIs (eg. cPanel, Plesk)
- Intermediate scripting competency in a scripting language (eg. Bash)
- Varnish, Redis, Elasticsearch
- High Availability Technologies (eg. Pacemaker/Corosync Clustering, DRBD)
- Load Balancing (eg. HAProxy)
- Virtualization (eg. Hyper-V, VMWare ESXi and vCenter)
- MySQL Replication & Galera Clustering
- Containerisation (eg. Docker, Kubernetes, RKE/Rancher)
Paying up to 50k, depending on experience.