Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work collaboratively with the technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile (Scrum) development principles and practices
- Develop and support front-end design / integration and deployment with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
- Experience in wiring up API endpoints and creation of mockup / prototypes
- Adhere to software coding, best practices and style guides to ensure consistency
- Participate in code reviews, conduct unit tests, deployments, and ensure version control
- Developing front end UI as well as back end APIs
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Working alongside other developers for design discussions and code reviews
- Provide daily, weekly schedule updates and status reports to management
- Develop, review, and update process and reference documentation on an ongoing basis
- Ability to identify problems, and effectively communicate solutions to peers and management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of overall UI and backend development experience in web-based applications
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Experience in REST API Development and Integration with Java 11
- Experience in code merge tools
- Solid expertise in front end web techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, JSON, Node.js, React.js /Redux, Angular JS
- Exposure in handling JSON data (Mongo DB)
- Exposure to Express JS
- Exposure to Authentication mechanism
- Exposure to Atlassian tools – JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crucible, Fisheye
- Ability/willingness to travel to client site on an as needed basis
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Professional certification in Agile / Web Development
- Exposure to 508 compliance
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.