Position: Senior Java Developer
Location: Manchester – Hybrid
Salary: Up to £90,000 (dependant on experience)
Are you an experienced developer specialising in Java? If so then this may be the opportunity for you!
Our client is a Global Trading Company (listed on the London Stock Exchange), who are opening a brand new office in Manchester (head office in London), investing heavily in a new Software Engineering team.
It’s working on best in class software engineering principals with Java, Distributed messaging and event driven programming (CEP)
As an established Global Fintech, they’re offering an amazing benefits package, and extremely competitive salaries to secure the best people and experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work in the team of Java Developers creating and maintaining client and server-side components which support a highly scalable mission critical real-time financial trading system.
- Work with the in house design team to review and provide feedback on user interface designs.
- Taking an active role in a cross functional team, from requirements through to delivery of the solution to a live environment.
Software Development (Essential Skills)
- Commercial experience in Java 8 or above, SQL, PL/SQL, JMS, JUnit, Maven and Spring Framework.
- Understanding of Oracle Database design and development.
- Knowledge of concurrent programming techniques.
- Experience of all aspects of the development lifecycle, including agile and CI/CD principles.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and writing automated tests.
Software Development (Desirable)
- Oracle coherence.
- Public cloud and cloud native solutions (particularly AWS).
- Commercial experience integrating with 3rd party APIs in the financial domain is desirable.
- Being comfortable with GIT and Jira is highly beneficial.