Senior Java Engineer Java, AWS, Microservices, REST APi’s, Kubernetes, Remote
Working for a one of the fastest growing digital data consultancies. They work across both the central government and private finance sectors. Their products allow data transformation into ultra-secure cloud based environments used by large enterprises and government sectors.
Due to working with a company that works with central government sectors you will have to be able to obtain a UK Government Security Clearance
As a Java Software Engineer, you will help lead the development of backend services for a specific government client leveraging the latest commercial and open-source technologies. This will involve designing, developing, documenting and deploying backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Design, develop, document, and deploy new or enhanced features to their backend services
- Actively participate in the team’s elaboration and estimation of user stories
- Build frequent, small releases to maintain the team’s momentum
- Collaborate closely with other engineers in our cross-functional feature teams; ensuring that others can cover for you, and that you can cover for them
- Build, optimise and operate our Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Maintain operational responsibility for the services that your team owns
Experience and stack
- JAVA programming experience as the core language, including Spring Boot.
- Experience with Kafka or a similar platform.
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Integrating with backing services, such as PostgreSQL, Redis or S3
- Good engineering practices including continuous delivery, clean code, documentation, defensive programming, automated testing and code reviews
- REST APi’s