MSXI UK Limited
MSXI UK are growing! As a result, we are currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to join the Global Technology Solutions (GTS) department.
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative and innovative agile development team delivering business solutions for the automotive industry. In this role, you will be involved in the design, development, maintenance and support of both mature and new transactional systems, customer portals and data warehouse solutions using industry leading and cutting-edge technologies.
In this role you will:
* Work across various global projects simultaneously serving leading automotive OEM clients.
* Develop new maintainable and scalable software platforms to support a global and multi-tenant customer base.
* Maintain and enhance a range of existing transaction systems, customer portals and data warehouses to support diverse customer requirements and an evolving technical roadmap.
* Monitor and research new technologies appropriate to the business.
* Use existing / new skills and capabilities to contribute to the successful development of software solutions to meet exacting requirements.
* Maintain and improve competence in Java, relational databases and front-end web technologies.
* Working within an Agile (Scrum) development team at all stages of the development lifecycle.
* Working on own initiative to achieve agreed specification and timing.
* Meeting internal and external clients to analyse their needs.
* Sharing knowledge with the development group on regular basis.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
* Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related subject
* At least 5 years' work experience as a Java Developer
* The ability to confidently and clearly communicate complex technical information to colleagues.
* Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
* Expert knowledge of Java SE.
* Experience in the following would be advantageous: Spring – Boot / Security / Data JPA / Data Elasticsearch / Kafka / MVC
* Web Services – REST / OpenAPI / Swagger / WSDL / SOAP
* Java EE – EJB / JMS / Servlet / JSP
* ORM – Hibernate / JPA
* Databases – Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4J
* Database Programming – SQL, PL/SQL (packages, procedures, functions etc.)
* Message broker / event streaming – Kafka
* Search / Index – Elasticsearch
* Front-End Development – Angular / Typescript / SASS / JQuery / Freemarker
* Portal Development – Liferay DXP
* Analytics – Tableau / Dremio
* ETL – CloverDX
* Containerization – Docker / Kubernetes / Helm
* Application/Web Servers – JBoss / Tomcat / Apache
* Cloud – Azure
* Development Lifecycle – Jira
* Testing – JUnit / Selenium / Jest / Cypress / Zephyr
* Build Tools – Gradle, Maven, Ant
* CI/CD – Git / Azure Devops / Jenkins / Bamboo
* Interest in emerging technologies.
* Interest in design methodologies, software patterns.
* Good team player, creative and proactive.
* Capable of working under occasional pressure, comfortable about working to tight timing deadlines.
* Willing to adjust to occasional flexible working arrangements within an agreed framework in order to meet the needs of the business.
* Ability to work with the project managers to ensure that projects and tasks are delivered on time.
* Ability to code review other developers code and to support junior members in adhering to coding and architectural standards.
Working hours and location:
* Full time (40 hours).
* Location: Colchester with the flexible opportunity to work from home.
What we can offer you:
* Salary of up to £65,000 per annum, depending on experience.
* Skills development through exposure to wide-ranging technology and projects.
* Friendly and motivated team orientated environment.
* Flexible home working and flexible working hours, by arrangement.
* Other company benefits include: 25 days annual leave, company contributory pension plan, cash back health care scheme, life assurance, car salary exchange scheme, exclusive discounts on everyday purchases as well as exclusive discounts on car purchases.
With over 5,000 employees based in more than 80 countries across the globe, our teams provide industry leading expertise that spans:
* Warranty & Technical
* Parts & Service
* Retail Performance Management
* Customer Engagement
* Fleet & Mobility
Building trust since 1931, our proven track record means that we now partner with almost every car manufacturer on the market.
MSXI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity