Senior Data Analyst
The Associate and Workforce Technology Management (AWMT) product area is responsible for managing all technology platforms and solutions for the HR function. AWMT is an integral partner for HR to deliver innovative, scalable, and industry leading technology solutions that enable HR to deliver on key associate and workforce facing functions. You will be a part of our Strategic Initiatives squad supporting the enterprise initiative modernizing and transforming our human resources data, advanced analytics, and reporting capabilities to the cloud. You will also be engaged in supporting large initiatives impacting strategic transformation efforts for our associate and workforce data. We are energized and motivated by having a job that allows us to contribute daily to Fidelity s belief that our greatest asset is our people!
We are looking for candidates with a bachelor s degree and 5+ years of related experience in systems analysis, data analysis, or data engineering, or a master s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- You have expertise in capturing business requirements and translating them to data solutions. You are skilled at effectively defining use cases and simplifying complex concepts.
- You can define user stories and validate the impact of changes to datasets and data models. You can break up complex work into digestible work elements with a good applied knowledge of agile methodologies and practices. Familiarity with Jira / Jira Align is a big plus.
- You have an excellent solid understanding of SQL or Python, and can independently wrangle our datasets to obtain valuable insights.
- You understand and communicate sophisticated concepts effectively to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical. You make the complicated simple.
- You have a passion for continuous learning, mastering of new skills, and keeping abreast of the latest innovations across data analytics.
- You have strong data analysis and data profiling skills and can define robust test scenarios.
- You have experience navigating integrated enterprise data and working across multi-functional teams. You can identify alternative approaches and make recommendations on the benefits and shortcomings of each approach.
- You are known as a go-getter, with the ability to unravel a mystery data, business process or organizational.
- You apply data management and data modeling practices when building data solutions.
- You are an effective communicator with a good ability to cultivate relationships. You have superb communication and presentation skills.
- Ideally, you have familiarity with enterprise data lakes and Cloud data platforms such as Snowflake.
We have an outstanding technology opportunity in the Data Analyst Chapter to deliver modern data solutions to the Fidelity Corporate Technology Group (CTG). As Senior Data Analyst you will provide the foundation for the design and development of data services in support of the enterprise analytics platform.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.