Are you looking for an exciting and challenging role, with the possibility to work on the cutting edge of mobile GPU technology? Do you want to use your technical and leadership skills to help drive your career?
Arm is seeking highly skilled and motivated engineers to join our Agile driver development team producing key components for the next generation Mali’ products. We work closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm's European design centres, being in constant contact with both Software and Hardware engineers as well as Architects.
We have a consistent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is an excellent opportunity for learning new things in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development group with great work ethics where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by exciting technical problems. If you like producing high quality, high performance SW and solving sophisticated technical problems, then we would love to hear from you.
What you will be involved with:
Designing, developing, maintaining and improving existing instrumentation framework and tools. You will gain an inside view into the designs and workings of a modern GPU hardware and software system and then use that knowledge to build flexible frameworks to enable a diverse range of users to monitor and improve system performance. Your contributions will influence the implementation for billions of devices.
Day to day activities would include:
- Participating in all phases of development of the software including design, implementation, debugging, estimating and breaking down tasks, testing and documentation.
- Performing design and code reviews for other team members.
- Working closely with other HW and SW teams for interfacing and integrating with other components.
- Understanding the requirements of other teams and inventing creative solutions to meet them.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali’ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for hardworking people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a distributed team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it's like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Skills & Experience required:
- Demonstrable experience in C/C++ programming.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent team working skills, drive, self-motivation and focus on results.
- Practical, organised and analytical approach to work.
- Experience of version control and bug tracking
- Understanding of embedded systems and computer architecture.
- Exposure to Object Oriented Programming, ideally in Python.
- Knowledge of OpenGL ES and Vulkan APIs.
- Proficiency in profiling and optimisation techniques.
- Insight into the workings of the GPU graphics pipeline.
- Experience of leading and managing teams.
- An understanding of Linux or Android.