Senior Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer – Fully Remote – 70,000 DOE
A Senior Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer is required for a Global multi-cloud integrator and managed services provider that are at the forefront of the evolution of enterprise workload migration to the cloud.
Existing UK government SC clearance or eligibility for UK SC clearance is a requirement for this role. Eligibility requires (but is not limited to) 5 years permanent residence in the UK with no period exceeding 28 days spent outside the UK.
Systems Skills Requirements:
- 5 or more years' experience as a Senior Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer with 2 years cloud experience.
- Robust experience with Linux distributions (Redhat, Oracle Linux, Debian, Ubuntu etc.).
- Intermediate working experience with Windows O/S platform and Active Directory.
- Unix/Linux programming skills including shell, Bash, Perl, Python.
- Windows scripting using PowerShell, VBS, VBA.
- Systems automation experience with programming knowledge of Ansible.
- Networking skills covering DNS, VPNs, WANs, LANs, switching, load balancers and firewalls in on premise and cloud environments.
- Systems monitoring with vendor provided and open-source monitoring platforms.
- Systems security skills and knowledge.
- Intermediate expertise with virtualization platforms, such as: VMware, XEN, OVM/KVM.
Cloud Skills Requirements:
- Experienced in one or more cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP or Oracle OCI clouds.
- Knowledge of cloud concepts including virtual networking, IaaS services, PaaS services.
- Experience in cloud architecture design from concept to logical and physical designs.
- Experienced in deployment and configuration of virtual cloud data centres including tenancies, virtual networks, firewalls, load balancers.
- Skills in cloud operations including availability/resource monitoring, consumption monitoring.
- Management of cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Expertise in cloud automation including Terraform and CloudFormation.
- A good understanding of version control, preferably Git & Bit Bucket, would be advantageous.
- Cloud security skills and knowledge.
- Education: BE or B.Tech or any other related professional degree preferred.
- Any cloud based certifications – AWS, OCI, GCP, Azure – are desirable.
In return for this experience, you can expect to join a Global Market Leader with a great working environment and compensation plan that includes, private health, life insurance, pension and income protection.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.