Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At’Optum Technology,’our passion for health care and technology empowers us and our partners to tackle real-world health problems. By applying our deep knowledge of an incredibly complex system, we identify and solve tough challenges without adding complexity. We are dedicated to harnessing the pace of innovation and applying our expertise to propel significant breakthroughs in health care technology.’
Our team includes more than 30,000 technologists, 580+ distinguished and principal engineers and 2,600 talent development program (TDP) team members. Together, we work worldwide to manage health data for over 362 million consumers and provide health and information services to 1 in 5 Americans. #optumtechnology #optumrx
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research, design, develop, and test RxClaim software
- Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements
- Apply principles and techniques of engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Analyze and translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Develop technical specifications and create design documents
- Develop programs using SYNON/2E, COBOL, COBOL ILE, CL Programming, SQL, Java
- Create unit test plans, execute, and document results
- Write and run automated testing scripts
- Collaborate across teams during the software development lifecycle
- Meet with business associates, clients, and product owners to understand requirements
- Participate in scrum meetings to discuss requirements and approaches
- Perform code walkthroughs and final reviews
- Address production issues, regression test issues, QA, and UAT issues
- Work on the OLTP (Online transaction processing) of RxClaim and batch programs
- Create technical documentation and diagrams, presenting to clients and business users when needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Information Systems experience
- 5+ years of application programming experience on the IBM iSeries (AS/400)
- 5+ years of experience with Synon 2E
- 5+ years of experience of COBOL
- 5+ years of experience in Query/400
- 5+ years of experience in SQL
- Java experience
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group?” Put it all together competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success.’Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at:”http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.