The Full Stack Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing financial software applications using Agile approach. He/she will be working with application architects, business analysts, other developers, and QA analysts (both in-house and vendor) while being fully responsible for development deliverables. He/she will be running daily scrum. Strong Web and Java framework are essential to this position.
Individual will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing financial software applications primarily using Java and Angular
- Good hands-on experience on Springboot.
- Evaluating functional requirements for new requests, estimating effort involved and determining resource allocations that each request would require.
- Technical leadership of geographically spread out team of developers working on the design, coding and delivery of web 2.0 interface using Angular, React JS, Redux, Java and Oracle.
- Conducting daily scrums with development team.
- Conducting code reviews, design reviews, architecture reviews.
- Documenting the design and code as per the PDLC standards.
- Working in Agile environment, estimating effort and tracking progress towards key deliverables.
- Knowledge of Python, NoSql Database like MongoDB is a plus.
Must-have skills and experience:
- Experience with Java based frameworks: JPA, Springboot, Spring framework.
- Experience in SOA with understanding of Web Services (REST)
- Experience with Angular or React/Redux.
- Experience with Microservices and design patterns.
- Agile Scrum experience., while displaying familiarity/experience with other SDLC approaches.
- SQL and database knowledge (Oracle)
- Expert in Agile development/methodologies, Test Automation and TDD
- Experience with JBoss Studio, Eclipse and/similar IDE tools
- Bachelor’s in Engineering/Computer science
- Typically a person in a similar position at Moody's will have 3-7 years of total software development experience and 3+ years of Hands-on experience in design, development, testing and operational support of Java, J2EE, JMS, SOAP, SQL, JSON, XML based applications.
Additional skills (a plus):
- Experience in CI/CD and DevOps
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with SQL query optimization.
- Exposure to NoSql database like MongoDB
- Experience with Messaging like using JMS, IBM /MQ
- Exposure to Python
- Exposure to any machine learning libraries like Tensorflow or Scikit learn
Soft Skills: –
- Demonstrated team player
- Individual demonstrates core values.
- Knowledge of Agile system development life cycle, and system and application program development.
#LI-SG1Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.