At TrueLayer we believe in opening up finance. That includes taking the innovation at the edges
of finance and make it available to everyone. The R&D team is in charge of taking the
“moonshots” for the company and quickly assess their viability as products.
The R&D is a brand new division in charge of quickly prototyping and assess viability of
products that don’t sit in any future roadmaps of the current teams.
The initial focus of R&D team is going to be the cryptocurrencies space, with an array of
products that would bridge our Open Banking capabilities with the latest innovation in crypto.
You will have the chance to spearhead a complete new business greenfield, opening a brand new
product line for the company with massive opportunities for innovation, while experimenting with
bleeding edge technologies in the payments / identity space.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and
so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification
seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global,
Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by
industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating
original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re
seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re
cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
As a Senior
Engineer, you will:
- Quickly develop POCs and working prototypes based on bleeding edge ideas
- Be part of a brand new team conceptualising new ideas and solving complex technical problems
- Focus on delivering software at a high speed during the prototyping phase
- Study and assess the latest technologies in the payments and identity space
- Adapt and define processes, taking ownership of all aspects of the software development
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home and our incredible offices in London
Milan Sydney and Dublin
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard ✈️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start ⚕️
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance) ️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ♀️
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year
- £500 per quarter (outside of required business travel) to visit our hub cities around the
£75,000/yr – £105,000/yr + Equity
- Highly proficient building distributed systems in any common backend language/framework such
as .NET, Java, Rust, Scala or Go
- Experience with a modern frontend technology framework
- Background of high speed delivery without compromising quality
- Be comfortable working in a team without defined processes
- Ability to solve complex problems and build prototypes that can be turned into scalable
We’d be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience in the (fiat) payments space, trading, currency exchange
- A good technical understanding of how cryptocurrencies and products on top of
- Experience with strongly typed languages
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different
opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all
sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to
know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are
things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know
what an API is).
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.