Cash App leads financial innovation and, continuing in that tradition, we are launching a new financial product into the Cash App ecosystem — Taxes.
As a founding member of this vertical and the first product web team at Cash App, the person in this role will play a lead in building the future of DIY taxes. They will be responsible for the creation of technical requirements, implementation of new systems, and integration of existing tax technology into Cashs infrastructure for front-end engineering for Cash App.
- Participate in the initial scoping of product requirements for this new product
- Design and implement a technical front-end strategy
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to supporting production
- Collaborate with your teammates, learn from them and teach them
- Prioritize maintainable and well-tested code
- Work with stakeholders, including other engineering teams and with customer operations teams
- Contribute to shared technologies, including our open source projects
- A desire to perform and grow as an engineer or leader
- Well-developed curiosity and enjoy building creative solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
- A passion for product development and seeing results
- A knack for creating readable, pragmatic code
- An appreciation of simple, practical solutions
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies We Use And Teach
- Webpack, React Query, Cypress
- Java and Kotlin, with JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- Event-driven architecture
Were working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what were doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.