Frontend Software Engineer – SaaS
We're looking for a talent frontend software engineer to join our growing SaaS team.
Here in the Treatwell Product & Tech team we’re a nice bunch, we love to ship product and we like to think we’re pretty smart. We believe in Agile principles and values and our teams use Kanban and Scrum with various XP practices, we love DDD and we are on the path towards building a highly scalable system composed of continuously deployable applications. We like to use the right tech for the job but we don’t get seduced by the latest shiny fads.
Our current tech stack includes Java 8, Spring, Hibernate, ES2015, NodeJS, ReactJS (both client and on NodeJS server-side), Docker and RabbitMQ, as well as iOS and Android apps. Everything runs in AWS.
We do things well, but we’re not complacent. We want to do great work and we want to be known for it. We’re looking for people who can help us to continue to grow and improve as a team.
You Will Be Responsible For
In this role, you will make a meaningful contribution in ensuring we continue to move in the right direction. You will be working on a variety of exciting technologies. Our application code is written using:
- Typescript / React
- Redux / GraphQL
- CSS-in-JS (Emotion)
- Github / Github Packages managed by lerna
- Docker / Kubernetes
- AWS S3 / Cloudfront
Your application will be deployed through automated pipelines in CI/CD and monitored using Sentry and Google Analytics for business metrics.
- You have a good grasp about Functional Programming and Design Driven Development
- You have experience with at least one statically-typed language.
- You do love Open Source.
- You’ve worked with some of our tech stack and can learn the rest very quickly.
- You’ve been part of a high-performing, autonomous Agile development team that delivers continuously.
- You get a kick out of mentoring and empowering the team around you.
- You have a deep understanding of how distributed applications are designed and built.
- You know good technical design when you see it and ensure quality is embedded in the software development process.
- You’re a good communicator, fun to work with and enjoy being part of a vocal, passionate team.
- You’re active in the software development community, whether through blogs, meetups, personal projects or open-source contributions.
Hi, we’re Treatwell. Nice to meet you.
We’re a team of 500 (and growing) passionate and brilliantly talented people across Europe. We’re the industry’s smartest salon management software, all connected to Europe’s leading booking platform, working with over 31,000 salon partners across 13 countries and processing over 4 million bookings every month. And….breathe.
But we’re not done yet. We’re on an exciting journey to digitally revolutionise the hair and beauty community.
If this excites you, we might have just the role for you.
We’ll Treat You With
- 28-days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Monthly £40 Treatwell vouchers so you can treat yourself too
- Benefits platform offering cycle to work scheme, high street discounts and other perks
- Growth funds for you to develop and grow with your team
- A beneficial pension scheme and enhanced parental pay & leave policy
- 100% remote position with flexible working
- Annual Treatwell retreat to a sunny European destination
- All the tools / devices supplied to do the best job you can eg. laptop, monitor, keyboard etc
Treatwell is an ‘Open to All’ employer and warmly welcomes everybody to the team. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required. Please add any adjustment requests to your application.