Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Java Developer, you will participate in the design and implementation of high-volume, high-availability and low-latency web services for business-critical systems. You’ll also work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops solutions to resolve them. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge technologies such as Java, Angular, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Dynatrace and deploy through the cloud on Google Cloud Platform.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Design and implement high-volume, high-availability and low-latency Java web services and REST-APIs using Java Enterprise Edition. Utilizes industry standards and XPO company best practices and processes to create enterprise grade web services
- Analyze product requirements and ensures web services meet technical specifications and business requirements
- Provide estimates as required, writes functional specifications and detailed design specifications
- Is available for testing/support on scheduled deployment dates that are designated by the standardized change management process
- Participate in collaborative code reviews conducted with colleagues and team members; coordinate the deployment and implementation of software solutions
- Evaluate the proper functioning and performance of software components using repeatable, reproducible, and reportable software testing methodologies
- Evaluate new technologies for inclusion in developed software solutions; introduce new industry standards and techniques that deliver improved software solutions
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in
- 2 years of experience in software solutions development, preferably in medium to large corporate environments
- Expert-level programming skills in Java/J2EE, JPA, Hibernate, JMS, Spring MVC
- Experience with industry standard IDEs such as RAD, Eclipse, Visual Studio, WebStorm ,VS code
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, DB2/UDB)
- Solid experience creating and consuming distributed data services (REST APIs, Microservices)
- Experience in rapid programming, agile development, software patterning, and refactoring techniques
It’d be great if you also have:
- At least 5+ experience as a Java developer in medium to large project
- Experience working with product team, story grooming sessions, prioritizing tasks
- Working with cross functional teams to accomplish assigned tasks
- Service-oriented architecture/web services (SOAP/REST)
- Markup languages like XML and JSON
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts and patterns.
- Developing microservices/Spring boot
- JUNIT, unit testing
- Experience with Elastic search, Kibana
- CI/CD usage with tools like Team city or Jenkins
- Deploying applications to cloud
- Perform effective code reviews and ensure code quality
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Location: Hillsboro, OR – 97123 , PL: 538507219