Sectors: Electronics, Automotive, Electric Vehicles
Job title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 40,000 – 65,000 per annum
Great Benefits Package See Below
Company overview & Job Title:
An award winning, excellent and established engineering company based in Coventry who’re experts in the field of Electronics, Software & Automotive Engineering are now seeking to hire for a brand new Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join the successful and growing organisation on a permanent basis.
Work from home policy:
Fully remote, people can work from anywhere they want in the UK as long as it does not impact the work. If you want to work in the office for more days, that’s fine.
Salary on offer:
The salary on offer for the successful Senior Embedded Software Engineer is 40,000 – 65,000 per annum, depending on skillset and experience.
Summary of the Senior Embedded Software Engineering role:
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will work with a team of highly skilled professional who have a philosophy or working smarter and not harder. In addition to this the Senior Embedded Software Engineer will join a growing talented Embedded Software Team working on a variety of exciting projects as well developing solutions for complex systems whilst writing, testing and maintaining Embedded C.
- Degree, HND or suitable experience in an Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science or relevant discipline
- 3-5+ years industry experience
- Thorough understanding of software development practices
- Embedded Software Programming in C
- Microcontroller experience
- Integrated Development Environment experience (IDE) MPLAB, Keil, Visual Studio etc.
- Product development experience using MATLAB Simulink and autocode generation
- Network interface protocols SPI, I2C, USB, UART, RS232/485, CAN, LIN, TCP/IP etc.
- Ability to read electronic schematics/drawings and component datasheets
- Ability to use lab test equipment – logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and debuggers is required.
- Version Control Systems SVN, GIT, JIRA, Confluence or similar
- Self-starter, good team player and good communication skills
Desirable & highly advantageous nice to have skills:
- Embedded C++
- Embedded RTOS Development FreeRTOS, QNX, VxWorks, Micrium uc/OS-III etc
- Experience in Automotive Bootloaders
- Assembly code experience
- Automotive experience
- Design / Modelling experience – UML, Rhapsody or Targetlink
- Experience in software development compliant with the ASPICE process
- Project management skills
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience of Vector CAST test automation tools
- 25 Days of holiday
- 37 hour working week
- Flexitime; allows you to fit your working hours around agreed core times
- Remote working when the activity allows
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension
- Modern office environment
- Death in service insurance
If you are interested in the above Embedded Software Engineering position and think you have the skills required as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, please don’t hesitate to apply and contact Frank Kanjanda on [email protected] or call 01217961888 for further information and details.
Not for you but know someone who may be interested? We do offer up to 500 upon placement of successful referrals!