As the #1 4K UHD projection brand worldwide, Optoma is a leading manufacturer of award-winning display products, including interactive flat panels and direct-view LED displays and business and home entertainment projectors for consumers, businesses, education, and professional audio/video, and the retail market.
With our top-rated technologies, superior customer service driving customers back to us year after year, and a talented team dedicated to delivering our customers with uncompromising, high-quality, visual experience, Optoma is poised to bring new levels of solutions. We are seeking smart, creative, and passionate individuals who share the same insatiable drive we do to join us in bringing innovative products and integrated technology solutions to the market. It’s a great time to join Optoma!
We present a great opportunity for a highly skilled and enthusiastic Senior Embedded Software Engineer with experience in working with embedded OS-based systems (Linux and Android) to join a small but growing team of highly skilled innovation-minded engineers. Our team researches, designs, and manufactures high-end Pro-AV products and maintain a very high degree of control over both hardware and software, from the low-level DSP algorithms through to the User Interface and control systems.
You will have the opportunity to bring something new to the team whilst giving you the chance to expand your own skillset through close work with our engineers – who collectively, have skills covering the whole software and hardware stack.
The successful candidate must have experience in developing products on an embedded Linux and/or Android platform and ideally from a background involving the development of video management and processing products.
Working for Optoma, you can expect a competitive salary with additional corporate benefits such as medical insurance, dental cover, pension, and up to 30 days of holiday per year – subject to service requirements.
- Architecting and development of embedded systems, software, and drivers to configure and control video processing products.
- Porting existing components and services from other projects.
- Unit / Automated Test development to ensure quality.
- To imaginatively tackle sometimes loosely defined problems.
- Work as part of an international team to evaluate and implement new features and system requirements.
- Support Hardware and FPGA teams with verification tasks.
- Occasionally may need to support SW Team Lead with project reporting, tracking, and team management with the potential for career progression in this area.
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- BSC, BEng in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Excellent OOP skills for design and implementation.
- Excellent coding skills in C++, C, and Java.
- Experience in working with Linux and/or Android in an embedded system.
- Some experience in system design and architecting.
- Some knowledge and understanding of raw video timing standards.
- We need a good Team player with the ability to work within a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary team.
- Competent in using Microsoft Applications, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work on multiple levels of the Android stack, from BSP and drivers to apps and frameworks.
- Experience with TCP/IP network programming and debugging.
- Scripting experience especially Bash-script and Python.
- Hardware-level debug skills and an ability to read schematics.
- Low-level device driver experience for interfacing with hardware I/O and processing chips over PCIe, I2C, and SPI.
- Android TV, Video Streaming, HDMI / HDCP, Wireless Communications.
- Version Control experience GIT / SVN
- ARM-based platform development
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]