Square Enix is looking for an experienced DevOps Specialist to join our Global Online Services Division (OSD) Operations Team
OSD Operations team focuses on designing and managing the infrastructure hosting public-facing online services, including websites, complex web applications, online game servers and backends, and data analytics platforms.
With the important growth of critical applications relying on this infrastructure throughout the company, we are implementing a “follow the sun” approach with members in London, Montreal, the US west coast and on-call activities (24×7).
OSD Operations team is keen on adopting the latest advanced technologies and putting in place a DevOps methodology to help in delivering the best games in the industry.
Working for Square Enix also means working close to game teams, on exciting projects that have a high value for the company.
- Respond to day to day services requests and incidents using our ticketing platform
- Monitor online services and take necessary actions to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded
- Provide operational support to Dev and other teams towards all aspect of the infrastructure and help developers in debugging, troubleshooting and optimizing online software components and tools
- Liaise with the other 3rd level support teams regarding networking, server and storage issues
- Work alongside the subject matter experts and system administrators located at other sites
- Work with agile delivery teams to ensure build management, automated testing and software deployment
- Design, implement and manage multi-provider public and private cloud infrastructure
- Participate in general improvement of the infrastructure
- Participate in on-call activities when required
- Create and maintain documentation on systems architecture, processes, workflows and playbooks to respond to alerts
Online Publishing, Digital Platform and IT Organization leadership.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive experience working in a Sysadmin/DevOps Engineer/SRE role for a medium sized company supporting large scale, complex production infrastructure
- Advanced Linux system administration
- Troubleshooting methodologies
- Proven experience of infrastructure design, implementation and management
- Hybrid cloud production environment with IaaS / PaaS Public cloud (preferably GCP) as well as on-premises infrastructure
- Websites and web applications
- Highly available systems, distributed and clustered systems
- Container technologies and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- SQL and noSQL databases
- System automation (deployment and configuration management), ex. Ansible/SaltStack
- Infrastructure as Code, ex: Terraform
- Alerting systems, central logging, log analytics, backup and archive solutions, e.g. Prometheus, grafana, kibana, rsyslog, graylog
- Programming or scripting background in one or more of the following languages: python, go, java, bash
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Version control solutions, e.g. Git
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Interest in working towards high quality standards, finding the right solutions, following best practices
- Strong focus on business outcomes and a service provider attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated and “self-starting”
- Team player
- Motivated to share knowledge and open to constructive challenging by the team
- Willing to work outside of the standard business hours when required
- Passion for video games
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. AWS/GCP certification: DevOps/SysOps/Architect; Linux related)
- Experience of working in gaming industry
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
[Square Enix are committed to keeping our employees safe. We are listening closely to government guidelines, and this role will be based remotely until the company sees fit to return to the office. This role will be based in our Blackfriars Studio in London, upon return.]
- ID: 83D80A6DDD
- Department: IT
- Type: full time