Senior DevOps Engineer
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the worlds leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The companys technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who is always ready to take on the next cutting-edge technology? If your answer is yes, you are going to fit right in with our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated, experienced, innovative individuals who would like to be part of our vision in helping clients transform their business.
Our technical roles offer you the chance to grow your skills and experience whilst working alongside some of the most talented people in DXC .
- Developing various infrastructure solutions including Public Cloud eg. Azure and AWS as well as datacenter / private cloud to deliver high availability, rapidly developed, fully automated solutions using predominately open source software which deliver value to the customer.
- Providing technical leadership, help and guidance to less experienced members of the team through mentoring, coaching, constructive review and active participation in various technical forums.
- Advising our customers on the latest technologies and methodologies, designing and implementing innovative approaches to their problems using Automation.
- Ensuring software standards are maintained, being able to train and mentor junior staff. Defining processes and procedures to ensure maximum re-use and maintaining standards.
- Understanding security policies and implementing solutions that satisfy the security requirements.
- Designing and implementing solutions which have high availability and are scalable.
- Providing feedback and demonstrating to a wider audience solutions currently being developed and introducing the team to new concepts and products.
- Advise on testing solutions that can be automated to deliver an end to end testing solution for products.
- Advise on monitoring solutions, which can automate error collection and display the results in real time that will improve the customers experience.
- Experience with configuration management tools, e.g. Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Chef.
- Experience with build and provisioning tools, eg. Jenkins (preferred), Terraform, Packer,Team City etc.
- Experience and knowledge of AWS, Azure, bare-metal and Virtual hosting.
- Experience of Test Driven or Behavior Driven development, and being able to implement automated test solutions
- The ability to integrate various products using APIs enabling a joined up automated approach
- Experience with monitoring systems e.g. ELK, Nagios, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk etc.
- Experience with Docker container hosting including Kubernetes and RedShift for example.
- Experience of modern programing languages, understanding at least one of: Bash script, Python
- Working knowledge of digital delivery processes and methodologies
- Ability to work with an Agile Team, being able to be self-driven and looking for continuous improvements to both the process and the systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work.