We’re looking for contract DevOps Engineers with proven senior-level experience to join the Equal Experts network.
We’ve come to see operability as a fundamental tenet of our DevOps work. The reasoning? The role is not simply about facilitating the continuous delivery of quality software; we focus on the operational requirements we deliver to ensure that software runs in production, as desired.
Our DevOps/Operability Engineers draw on all their experience of DevOps practices in what’s a very hands-on, collaborative role actively pairing with others to share knowledge and increase the delivery team’s maturity around Operability.
Experience and skills you’d need:
- Collaborative skills; being open to pair programming and working closely with Developers in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Scripting language or coding experience (including bash and one other language)
- A strong technical background in build, release and environments, with experience and expertise with software build tools CI tools like Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of Linux and/or Windows
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure ARM)
- Strong automation skills, including experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Proven ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier JVM & .Net applications (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Understanding of telemetry practices (monitoring, graphing, alerting, anomaly detection) and tools (e.g., Elastic, Grafana, Sensu, Kafka)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS)
- Experience of running software in production
Who we are:
Equal Experts is a product software development consultancy with over 1,000 consultants globally. We work with technology leaders facing complex business challenges.
We take as much pride in our people, culture and work-life balance as we do in making better software. Collaborative, entrepreneurial and dedicated to problem-solving, we bring the step change our customers need to sustain innovation.
3 ways we’re different:
- We’re not just a consultancy. We’re a community. Our knowledge-sharing, problem-solving culture benefits our consultants and our clients.
- All our people are highly experienced. Our consultants typically have at least 10 years’ experience of solving difficult business problems and often much more.
- We invest in a grown-up culture. Our people have the freedom to stay hands on, and the autonomy to do their work well.
‘Grown-ups’ is shorthand for the kind of person the kind of attitude we look to work alongside.
It summarises the responsible, self-disciplined people that exhibit the depth of experience and the personal behaviours required to create high-performing, ego-free teams.
Please take a good look at our values which cover our approach to technical and delivery practices, as well as our consulting practices. If you find yourself nodding along and you’re keen to be part of a diverse community of tech practitioners, we’d love to hear from you.