We’re looking for contract DevOps Engineers with proven senior-level experience to join the Equal Experts network.
We’ve come to see operability as a fundamental tenet of our DevOps work. The reasoning? The role is not simply about facilitating the continuous delivery of quality software; we focus on the operational requirements we deliver to ensure that software runs in production, as desired.
Our DevOps/Operability Engineers draw on all their experience of DevOps practices in what’s a very hands-on, collaborative role – actively pairing with others to share knowledge and increase the delivery team’s maturity around Operability.
Experience and skills you’d need:
- Collaborative skills; being open to pair programming and working closely with Developers in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Scripting language or coding experience (including bash and one other language)
- A strong technical background in build, release and environments, with experience and expertise with software build tools CI tools like Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of Linux and/or Windows
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure ARM)
- Strong automation skills, including experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Proven ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier JVM & .Net applications (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Understanding of telemetry practices (monitoring, graphing, alerting, anomaly detection) and tools (e.g., Elastic, Grafana, Sensu, Kafka)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS)
- Experience of running software in production
Who we are:
Equal Experts is a product software development consultancy with over 1,000 consultants globally. We work with technology leaders facing complex business challenges.
We take as much pride in our people, culture and work-life balance as we do in making better software. Collaborative, entrepreneurial and dedicated to problem-solving, we bring the step change our customers need to sustain innovation.
3 ways we’re different:
- We’re not just a consultancy. We’re a community. Our knowledge-sharing, problem-solving culture benefits our consultants and our clients.
- All our people are highly experienced. Our consultants typically have at least 10 years’ experience of solving difficult business problems – and often much more.
- We invest in a grown-up culture. Our people have the freedom to stay hands on, and the autonomy to do their work well.
‘Grown-ups’ is shorthand for the kind of person – the kind of attitude – we look to work alongside.
It summarises the responsible, self-disciplined people that exhibit the depth of experience and the personal behaviours required to create high-performing, ego-free teams.
Please take a good look at our values – which cover our approach to technical and delivery practices, as well as our consulting practices. If you find yourself nodding along and you’re keen to be part of a diverse community of tech practitioners, we’d love to hear from you.