Wowcher Technical is a team of around 40 in a company of nearly 300. We are responsible for all the internal and external systems here at Wowcher and the company is growing fast… so life can be pretty hectic at times!
We are looking for bright, motivated people to join our expanding technical team to deliver superb software in support of our continued growth. Work is a mixture of small business-as-usual changes, small-to-medium sized projects and large development/re-engineering projects. We value creativity, pragmatism, a “can-do” attitude and a willingness to get involved!
We are also able to sponsor a visa for the right candidate!
We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our the DevOps team. We are committed to becoming a true DevOps house and want your help. The role will require close liaison with development and test teams to increase effectiveness of current dev processes. Participation in an out-of-hours emergency support rota will be required. You will be shaping the way that we use our DevOps tools and innovating to deliver business value and improve the cadence of the entire dev team.
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Services suite (EC2, ECS, Loadbalancing, VPC, S3, RDS, Lambda, Cloudwatch, IAM etc)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment & automation tools (we use Jenkins, git, Puppet, Terraform)
- Experience with docker
- System and application monitoring, log archiving and processing (we use Splunk & Cloudwatch)
- Experience with software build tools (maven, sbt, node)
- Experience with Linux administration
- Working experience deploying, maintaining and monitoring Java web-based applications
- Oracle/SQL database maintenance experience
- Elastic Search
- Serverless/container based approach
- Automated testing of infrastructure deployments
- Experience of performance testing & JVM tuning
- Experience of a high-volume distributed eCommerce environment
- Experience working closely with Agile development teams
- Familiarity with load testing tools & process
- Experience with nginx, tomcat and apache
- Experience with Cloudflare
The successful candidate will be comfortable working autonomously and independently. They will be keen to bring an entire team to the next level of delivering business value. A proactive approach to problem-solving technical and process issues is essential.
A job from TalentPool, powered by Cilla – the talent matching engine