Sunday 04 December 2022
57,861 – 75,710
We support agile working click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
A highly visible technical role implementing best practices for DevOps. Working in a cross-disciplinary team we're looking for individuals who can turn requirements into reality.
We're building a next generation API Gateway and Customer Experience Platforms for the Bank that will enable a deeper richer connection to our customers.
We pride ourselves on our friendly collaborative environment where opportunity, diversity and inclusivity are key, where everybody is heard.
Design and build solutions that will delight and surprise both colleagues and customers alike!
We're on a search for people with passion and an appetite for learning and self development who can grow their skills to be their best.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best Financial Services provider for our customers. Through our brands, our Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, and play a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy.
We're building a next generation Digital Experience Platform for the Bank that will enable a deeper richer connection to our customers. We pride ourselves on our friendly collaborative environment where opportunity, diversity and inclusivity are key, where everybody is heard. Design and build solutions that will delight and surprise both colleagues and customers alike.
If you’re passionate about making a difference, then join us and be part of the journey!
Here’s where you’ll make a difference’
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll play a key role in our continued transformation journey by:
- Developing DevOps solutions using the latest available technologies (Cloud/K8)
- You’ll contribute to our Multi-Cloud strategy through a diverse deployment model
- Enhance delivery through automation and manual work reduction and adopting SRE Principles
- You'll help to ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with – and exploits where possible – our collective frameworks, patterns as well as industry innovations that exist across the wider Engineering community.
- A passion for gaining and sharing knowledge and learning.
What we need from you’
Our Lab consists of many and varied systems, platforms, and technology stacks. We therefore need a DevOps Engineer with broad capabilities and experience, including:
- Extensive experience within a modern software engineering team designing and building the code management and software delivery automation pipelines (DevOps) using a spread of technologies, particularly Linux, Maven, Jenkins, Github and UrbanCode Deploy. This should include experience of integrating solutions built by other teams and/or 3rd party suppliers.
- Strong knowledge on DevSecOps
- Strong Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
- Very comfortable with Jenkins and Scripting
- Exposure to an API Gateway product beneficial such as Apigee or similar
- Experience across the entire SDLC from inception, through build to production
- Strong working knowledge of containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of public cloud and cloud-native development in AWS/Azure/GCP
- Agile working methods sprint delivery, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Passion for collaborating with other engineers and building a strong team culture
Together we'll make it possible…
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development, training and certifications and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we provide excellent opportunities for career growth and development. You'll get plenty of support, and you’ll be surrounded by people who empower you to take the initiative, build relationships and make it happen. Together we can make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities!
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you…
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Location: London
- Type: Full time