Quick intro: https://youtu.be/vcgY5zi1JQs
Vega’s mission is to build tools that guarantee the freedom to trade and make that freedom accessible to anyone on earth.
Vega is building a high-throughput, low-latency platform for decentralised margin trading of financial products. The project began in early 2018; in 2020, we started Testnet, and in 2021 Mainnet.
Vega completed a token sale on CoinList this year in June, raising funds for the next several years. We have just launched our Vega Mainnet in November, and we are super excited to add and enable more and more functionality. But there is still a lot to be implemented, and because of that, we need you to help us get Vega and the whole DeFi to the next level.
Our social media: https://linktr.ee/vegaprotocol
Testnet information: https://fairground.wtf/
Testnet live: https://console.fairground.wtf
We are a remote first team working across Europe and North America. We are all passionate about different things, like food, animals, travelling, football, e-sports, etc., but we all share a passion for decentralisation, openness, and fairness. Everyone at Vega brings experience in their respective fields: financial, research, engineering, blockchain. We have traders from London City, academic researchers, and people who were experts in distributed consensus way before Bitcoin existed.
About the role
Blockchain technology forces engineers to think differently and seek revolutionary solutions every day. We at Vega are creating cutting edge solutions in that world, like Wendy the fairness widget. We believe that you will be able to join our team, share your ideas and together, we can shift the world toward decentralisation.
Specifically, as an Automation and DevOps engineer, you will know how to configure and set up a new Vega network from scratch. We trust that you will help us continue automating (CI/CD) all the aspects of the development process to enable us to move 2-3x faster. You should be comfortable with joining fast-paced, focused teams to prepare prototypes to test ideas quickly. At the same time, we want you to have some spare time to focus on things you think are essential for Vega and the decentralised world to succeed.
Some of the cool things we have done as DevOps includes multi-cloud (AWS+GCP) Vega networks, trading bots (Go+grpc), automated network creation in under 2 min for every PR commit (docker), CI autoscaling (Jenkins), and more.
Some of the upcoming projects in our backlog are: chaos monkey, block explorer, move automated network creation to the next level, and more.
Some of the tools and technologies we use:
- Terraform, Docker, Cloud-Init, Ansible
- Jenkins, GitHub Workflows, GitHub CLI
- Prometheus, Zabbix, Grafana
- Tendermint, Ganache, Smart Contracts, Solc
- gRPC, GraphQL, rest
We are looking for an Experienced, Senior Engineer with:
- Proven diverse skill set: Developer, Linux System Admin, Automation, Tooling
- Automation mindset
- Experience in building and maintaining custom Continuous Delivery and Deployment pipelines
- Experience in scaling and maintaining Continuous Integration setup (Jenkins, Groovy)
- Experience in building monitoring infrastructure (Prometheus, Go, Grafana)
- AWS or GCP experience
- Terraform experience (Terraform Cloud, AWS and GCP)
- Experience in creating complex docker-compose setups
- Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Salt experience
- Create, review and maintain code in different programming languages
- Blockchain experience
- Standard skills like scripting, networking, different clouds, CI/CD, investigating bugs, stack traces, Git, GitHub, etc.
- Experience working with multiple other teams: blockchain developers, front end developers, Solidity developers, QA team, a research team
- Collaborative and able and willing to work in a remote-first environment
Note: we are not expecting you to have all the above skills, but we trust you have solid experience in some of them and are thrilled to skill up in the other required areas. Maybe you have other skills that would be very useful, so please tell us about them!