Join our Green Investment Group as a highly motivated Senior DevOps Architect within our e-mobility business to help the Group support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy. This is a London-based role, but with the option to be based in another location with frequent travel to London. Initially, you will work in the Energy Technology team reporting to the CTO, e-Mobility. Ultimately, it is envisaged that this role will transfer into a dedicated EV platform business at which point, you will be reporting to the CTO tasked with delivering electric vehicle (EV) charging and energy management products, services and digital technologies, for both public and private sector B2B clients, across Europe.
We are seeking a talented and passionate Senior DevOps Architect to help delivering a broad range of DevOps and software development. In this role you will be able to see first-hand positive business outcomes of your work using DevOps principles building modern CI and CD pipelines. You will have a unique opportunity to work with a talented team encouraged to take ownership and accountability of their work, collaborating with senior members in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, build, test and manage AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on security, reliability, performance and cost optimisation
- Support dev teams to define and build infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
- Manage infrastructure deployment, destruction and configuration for consistent and automated dev, test and staging environments. Perform BCP testing, stack rolls, vulnerabilities patching etc.
- Support dev teams on non-prod environment and troubleshoot environmental issues
- Analyse technology stack and develop plans and processes for improvement and expansion
- Perform routine application maintenance to ensure smooth running of production environments. Develop maintenance requirements and procedures
- Implement tools to increase developer productivity
To excel in this role, you will ideally have:
- Experience in a DevOps Architect role or similar
- Strong hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net or C++
- Hands-on experience with building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion and CI/CD workflows and tools
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- A genuine interest in being part of delivering the smart, low carbon energy transition and achieving net zero
It would be a bonus if you’re familiar with:
- CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Open tracing, X-Ray and APM tools
- Revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
- Development and automated testing
- Microservices and distributed architecture
Having a Learning Mindset is a key value of our Group and we support our staff by giving them access to a variety of learning resources and accreditation.
Transfer within EV Business
We anticipate that in late 2022 your employment may transfer to the company which is being incorporated to house GIG’s European EV Platform, along with other employees of the Employer who are assigned to that business. The Employer will provide information to you regarding the terms of that transfer in due course.
About the Green Investment Group
Green Investment Group (GIG) is a specialist green investor within Macquarie Asset Management, and a global leader in the development of companies, assets and technologies that aim to accelerate the global transition to net zero. Initially launched by the UK Government in 2012 as the Green Investment Bank, it was the first institution of its type in the world. Acquired by Macquarie in 2017, GIG has grown to become one of the world’s largest green investors with a development pipeline of more than 30 GW in over 25 markets, spanning established renewables and emerging green technologies.
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion/EUR459.0/GBP394.6/USD531.7 in assets globally. Macquarie Asset Management is part of Macquarie Group, a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management, finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity, and commodities.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
For more information, visit greeninvestmentgroup.com and macquarie.com
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ’empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.