Join our community.
This position is for a Senior Data Software Engineer, high-skilled in AWS Cloud and Big Data technologies, autonomous, flexible and committed. The candidate should have a vast experience in developing and building software solutions end to end through the whole software life cycle.
We're responsible for the end-to-end Data Pipeline configuration, with a big focus on Data ingestion, Streaming, data transformation, integration, data exploitation, data modelling and architecture to data governance.
We Architect, Design, Develop, Test and deploy applications and are responsible for the strategy through to implementation, change management and communication.
The difference you'll make.
- Delivering in this role is critical for our Cloud Data Migration journey and you will be an important cloud data Engineer as we strategically land our Data and Digital programmes of work.
- Taking pride in solving data engineering challenges, such as ingestion of data to our Cloud and on-prem lakes, Automation of Serverless ETL Data Pipeline.
- Working with Data Lakes, Data acquisition, data storage, Data transformation, streaming, Data classification, Data Quality and controls, Data Governance, Data integration, Data anonymisation etc
- Delivering high quality product and services to exceed customers expectation.
- Driving our data approach is at the heart of our transformation through the application of Cloud-Native and Open-source technologies.
What you'll bring.
- Considerable experience in software Engineering, data engineering, or related field with a track record of ingesting, transforming, processing, and extracting value from large volume of datasets. AWS is a must.
- Demonstrable experience as a Full Stack SW Developer (AWS Cloud Services and Scala/Java/Spark).
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Excellent understanding of The AWS services and Well-Architected framework, event-driven architecture.
- Adopting Agile engineering processes (Scrum/Kanban, DevOps, CI/CD, BDD/TDD test automation).
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Streaming, etc), experience with highly scalable, distributed systems and data processing of large data sets.
- Experience with SQL (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Aurora) and NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB, Hbase, Mongo DB) and Graph Databases (Neo4j, AWS Neptune).
What else you need to know.
We will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This role is currently home based but will develop into a hybrid working role with an expectation to travel periodically into the Milton Keynes when permitted.
This is a permanent position.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Competitive salary
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- 6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
#ThePlaceToBeYourself – Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose – to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework – to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face.