Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This role will use AI and machine learning technique to drive the main purpose of increasing HouseCalls program member engagement and penetration through leveraging internal enterprise data sources including member medical history and behavior information and external information.
As HouseCalls enabling operation continues to grow, there are specific skills sets that are needed to help us achieve the financial goal and member experience satisfaction.’ Strategic solution team is seeking a director role of outreach strategy with advanced technical’expertise, marketing background and great healthcare industry experience. We are looking for an innovative individual who is not only able to strategize via data, but also able to implement the strategy through the end.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The Senior Data Scientist will play technical leading role and hands-on for researching, designing, implementing and deploying full-stack scalable machine learning solutions to support house call member engagements
- Design and develop the enterprise scalable intelligent solutions to drive increasing business values. Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems
- Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
- Consolidate internal and external data to establish member journey line across different programs
- Establish machine learning/deep learning models to increase member outbound reach experience and NPS scores, implement the solutions into applications or operation
- Provide training and consultation for other junior team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Sciences, Information Management, Actuarial Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning modeling and data analytics.
- 5+ years of experience in creating full stack of machine learning end-to-end model pipeline
- 5+ years of experience leading technical and non-technical resources in the area of Information Management, Data Strategy, Business Intelligence development, data mining and predictive analytics with machine learning/statistical modeling techniques.
- 3+ years of experience in Python
- Experience working for a large enterprise with fragmented data sources, lack of documentation, unstructured requirements, and ambiguity
- Experience working with business stakeholders and senior leaders in understanding data analytics and information needs, and executing on transformation of high-level, abstract data needs into meaningful data management solutions, information, and analysis
- Experience understanding and managing business data and information, and the ability to correlate business processes to data
- Experience converting raw data into processed, actionable, insightful information is required
- Basic knowledge of machine learning and data processing services from cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure
- MS in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences, Information Management, Statistics, Actuarial Science or a related technical field
- Experience in Speech Recognition modeling and/or Natural Language Process
- Engineering background
- Solid ability to communicate highly technical issues/results to a diverse audience both verbally and in written
- Solid execution mentality
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.